Author Topic: Slowly building my own gym  (Read 8217 times)

Offline XavierNusum

• Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 261
Re: Slowly building my own gym
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2016, 01:29:10 PM »
What do you think of the Rogue monolift attachment? I've been thinking it would be pretty useful especially heavy bench and squats. I think I may be able to adapt it to my generic 3x3 rack.
",,,in the long run, motivation is just a notch above useless. take the emotion out of it and be disciplined."
-cwolfman13 (MFP member)

"It's still yo MF'n set" - CTFletcher

Online BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2017, 11:05:37 AM »
What do you think of the Rogue monolift attachment? I've been thinking it would be pretty useful especially heavy bench and squats. I think I may be able to adapt it to my generic 3x3 rack.

Sorry, Xavier.  I've been away from the webs and lifting for a while and missed this question.  I've only used the mono for squats but I do really like it.  One thing I wish it did though is swing away a little further.  There's been a few times that I've let the weight get further in front of me than it should and it turned into mashed knuckles.  That's more of an issue with a squat that got out of control though.

As far as fitting your 3x3, it should so long as the bolt holes are spaced equally and of the same size.  Let me know if you need me to measure for you.  I think Rogue came out with a quick-change version that doesn't bolt on and they have 2x3 and 3x3 versions of that.

I didn't realize how old those pictures were.  I"ve changed a few things since moving in.

Most all of the free-weight area is covered by horse stall mats.  These were fun to roll up and get down the steps.

I added some more tumbling mat because the kids were going off the mats practicing their MMA stuff.  I also replaced the main TV in the familiy room and brought the old one to the basement.  I stream powerliftig youtube vids when I lift now.

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2017, 02:03:10 PM »
New addition to the platform.  Since I moved the platform from under my power rack, I haven't been able to deadlift using bands.  I like bands since it helps me try to be more powerful off the floor to counter the increasing resistance.

So I added these last night just in time for today's pulls.  I hope they hold.  The brackets are rated for 300#, the carabiners are rated for 230#, and they are attached with 2-1/2" lag bolts.

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2017, 02:11:19 PM »
Nice.
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Join the Ranks!  http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/yearly-rankings

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2017, 08:29:55 PM »
Today was a rainy, dreary day and with no football and I was looking for something to do that didn't involve housework :D.  So I went to the hardware store to buy some lumber to make a bar rack.  I've been leaning unused bars in the corners of the basement or just tripping over them every once in a while.  This is what I came up with....

I also had that bare pole right next to my daughters mma mat which has always been a worry since they get carried away.  So I wrapped it with a bunch of cardboard sheets I had and wrapped it with one of my kids rug that my wife's ornery puppy decided to chew up.  Stylish, I know. ::)

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2017, 08:56:17 PM »
Mad jelly....
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Join the Ranks!  http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/yearly-rankings

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 176
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2017, 08:59:36 PM »

Don't think I've had an erection this hard since I was 17.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • FEELING "LESS" FATCKED!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2017, 06:59:42 AM »
That is one hell of a setup you have going on there Ron. I am jelly too.
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2017, 08:42:30 PM »
New stuff :D

Saw the price, read the reviews, and was drinking beer so I had to click the buy button.  It came today and I feel sorry for the fedex guy.  It was in two heavy boxes.   Their stuff isn't the same quality as Rogue, but still pretty well made.  The GHD is very solid and my only big complaint is that the box was kind of flimsy and I was missing one bolt that slipped out a slit in the side of the box.  A trip to TSC fixed that though.  Not bad for $299 compared to the cheapest Rogue model of $545.  EliteFTS wants $679 for their cheapest model.

Here it is next to the one I'll be selling on craigslist.

This is my third buy from the company.  First was a second set of J-cups since they fit my Rogue rack and were half the price.  Second was this guy that I thought I'd use more than I do, but my wife like it.  I thought I'd be doing more incline pressing but I've only done them twice since buying it.

Offline Ramrod

• www.RamrodReviews.com
    • Ramrod Reviews
  • Height: 5,10
  • Weight: 198
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2017, 11:33:37 PM »
Man I'm jealous
181/198 Pounder, Equipped sometimes
Squat - 54 0/ 625
Bench - 340 / 476
Deadlift - 550 / 676

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2017, 12:23:12 AM »
Damn, that shop vac is gorgeous, does it have a slot where you can insert an SD card with plans for a death star?

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2017, 12:40:47 AM »
Damn, that shop vac is gorgeous, does it have a slot where you can insert an SD card with plans for a death star?

Yes, she's a shiny one.  She does a good job getting all the chalk up off the floors.  She also does well when your 6 year old leave the faucet running with the stopper engaged while she goes outside to roller skate

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2017, 01:20:25 AM »

Yes, she's a shiny one.  She does a good job getting all the chalk up off the floors.  She also does well when your 6 year old leave the faucet running with the stopper engaged while she goes outside to roller skate

You should sell me that one and upgrade to the model that tells your kid to TURN THE WATER OFF!

DIEL?

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2017, 01:41:30 AM »

You should sell me that one and upgrade to the model that tells your kid to TURN THE WATER OFF!
I seriously thought of replacing their faucet with one of those motion activated things you see at public and office buildings.  i will rig the new stoppers to be non-functional though.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2017, 01:51:59 AM »

I seriously thought of replacing their faucet with one of those motion activated things you see at public and office buildings.  i will rig the new stoppers to be non-functional though.

I would say that the 6 year old doesn't need a stopper anymore.

I'm reminded of when my son decided to wash his Nintendo DS in the sink because it was dirty

DIEL?