Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Journals / Re: BigDaddy - Faster, Stronger!
« Last post by BigDaddy on Today at 08:20:53 AM »
10/17/2017 – Workout with my Son

Got to the gym at 5:10 am.

* Stretch

* Warmup
          17 minutes on the Arc Trainer.

* Incline Dumbbell Press Press
          15 @ 50 lbs.
          12 @ 60 lbs.
          10 @ 70 lbs.
          6 @ 80 lbs., 6 @ 70 lbs., 6 @ 60 lbs., 6 @ 50 lbs.

* Wide, Prone Grip Lat Cable Pulldowns
          12 @ 130 lbs.
          10 @ 157.5 lbs.
          8 @ 185 lbs.
          6 @ 210 lbs., 6 @ 170 lbs., 6 @ 130 lbs., 6 @ 110 lbs.

* Leg Press, PWO
          12 @ 270 lbs.
          10 @ 450 lbs.
          8 @ 540 lbs.
          6 @ 620 lbs., 6 @ 530 lbs., 6 @ 440 lbs., 6 @ 350 lbs.

* Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press
          12 @ 40 lbs.
          10 @ 50 lbs.
          8 @ 60 lbs.
          8 @ 60 lbs., 7 @ 50 lbs., 7 @ 40 lbs.

* Knee Raises
         10, 10, 10, 10

* Foam Rolling
         Hamstrings, Glutes, Calves, Lower Back, Upper Back, Quads.

* Stretch

Workout totaled 1 hour and 23 minutes.
Journals / Re: Shawn's Gonna Get on Dat Platform!!
« Last post by ShawnJ on October 16, 2017, 10:16:38 PM »
Tsa w6d4
Band pullaparts, low/high/1arm and dislocations
Last pulldowns

Bench:
Barx10 of CGBP/wide/comp
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1

Program Sets: all paused
250 x 3
250 x 3 vid
250 x 3
250 x 3
250 x 3 @9 vid

CGBP:
230 x 3
230 x 3
240 x 3 @8.5

Paused deads: 410 3x2: benched due to injury

Pendlays 5x5, replaced with cable rows:

8 sets of 5 up to 210lbs plate load

Dun:

Well did what I could, leg is still sore and bruised so no deads or Pendlays.
Bench went much better than I thought it would. My shoulders were wrecked going in after 5 hours of mudding my kitchen ceiling today. I am mudding over a textured ceiling....1 1/2 buckets of mud for 1st coat

Off tomorrow

Powerlifting / Re: 21st Power Challenge
« Last post by FLEX on October 16, 2017, 09:22:46 PM »
I wrapped a guys knees for him at this Meet.  Left imprints in his leg, and his GF was apparently concerned because his lower legs were turning purple.

She should have thanked you.

Also; please wrap my knees for me at my next meet.

I always do my own.  It sucks.
« Last post by BLK00TJ on October 16, 2017, 08:35:49 PM »
Damn that's a late night for a Sunday.  How's the thigh?  No injury I hope.  I can't imagine doing a strongman comp so close to a PL meet.  That's short turn around.
« Last post by AlexanderOmand on October 16, 2017, 08:23:39 PM »
Had a crappy meet. 6 for 9. Went conservative on my second squat with 510 and pulled something in my left inner thigh on the decent. Got the lift, but passed on my third. Got my second bench of 325, but couldn’t lock out 340. Pattern continues with deads. Got 540, then couldn’t get 565 past my knees.  Have pretty mixed feelings about this meet. Feel good being able to hit those numbers on an off day, but feel like I wasted my best training to date. Training went almost too well. My body was just not meet ready, and I’m feeling more beat up today than I have after a meet in a long time.  I think I just did too quick of a meet prep for my body. Did the strongman comp mid August, and then jumped right into meet prep. Meet ran way behind and even thoug I cut right out of there, it was still after 10 when I got in my car. Didn’t get home until almost midnight. Just goes to show that even with Gene, Amy, and our own Alex, if you don’t have good loaders, spotters, and judges it doesn’t matter who’s running the meet. Last meet I did that Alex ran was the best of the eleven meets I’ve done. The key was that he had a who’s who of New England powerlifters there for a support staff for loading judging and spotting.  Alex was a class act as usual, very well liked among the lifters.  He was “the cool guy in the kilt”.
Very good shit, right there. 
It was indeed a long day.  We had two spotters in the morning, that apparently hadn't had their coffee yet.  We were unfortunately understaffed, for spotters, and it hurt in the long run.
I was home and in bed at 215am.  I was last man out of the Venue.
I can say, with confidence, that this was one of the nicer venues that RPS has had a Meet in.  Even more son, when consider where this Meet was held last year.

I wrapped a guys knees for him at this Meet.  Left imprints in his leg, and his GF was apparently concerned because his lower legs were turning purple.

Congrats, Tooth, on getting in there and staying with it, and getting it done.
Journals / Re: BLKs Training Journal
« Last post by BLK00TJ on October 16, 2017, 08:09:52 PM »
Those look like some tough giant sets. I don't think my conditioning is up to snuff for that. Maybe a round each?!?!? Nice work.
I keep the weight very manageable.  It's just a way to get a lot of work done in short time, but add a little volume to the end of the week.

184! Great job! I see you put the new bar through a few thousand miles too!
I love this bar.  I probably would have gotten this bar instead of the B&R back then if they offered it in bare steel 3 years ago.  Not a fan of black zink.  Black oxide maybe since it is way thinner and doesn't take as much bite off the knurling.  I actually used the deadlift bar today, but just out of laziness so I didn't have to carry it back and forth and the deadlifts were light (even for me) today.

Superset - 8 rounds (was supposed to be x12s, but I forgot what day I was on until it was too late)
   GHR - x3
   Wide-grip Pullups - x3
Lowbar Squats
   290 x 3 x 5
   290 x 11 AMCRAP  thought of getting a 12th, then used my brain.  Hip has been aggravating me lately #oldmanproblems
Conventional Deadlift
   245 x 4 x 8
Paused Bench Press
   225 x 1
   245 x 1
   260 x 1 (tougher than it should have been)
Paused Bench Press - EMOM
   200 x 8 x 3
Giant set - 3 rounds
   Fat bar chinups - x6
   Dips - x10
   Ab wheel - x12

First time using my fat bar on the rack.  Definitely harder, definitely got a pump trying to hold on.  Probably best I keep at them to help my lady-like deadlift grip.

Morning weight:  184.6
« Last post by FLEX on October 16, 2017, 06:26:01 PM »
Good shit my dude.
« Last post by tooth on October 16, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »
Had a crappy meet. 6 for 9. Went conservative on my second squat with 510 and pulled something in my left inner thigh on the decent. Got the lift, but passed on my third. Got my second bench of 325, but couldn’t lock out 340. Pattern continues with deads. Got 540, then couldn’t get 565 past my knees.  Have pretty mixed feelings about this meet. Feel good being able to hit those numbers on an off day, but feel like I wasted my best training to date. Training went almost too well. My body was just not meet ready, and I’m feeling more beat up today than I have after a meet in a long time.  I think I just did too quick of a meet prep for my body. Did the strongman comp mid August, and then jumped right into meet prep. Meet ran way behind and even thoug I cut right out of there, it was still after 10 when I got in my car. Didn’t get home until almost midnight. Just goes to show that even with Gene, Amy, and our own Alex, if you don’t have good loaders, spotters, and judges it doesn’t matter who’s running the meet. Last meet I did that Alex ran was the best of the eleven meets I’ve done. The key was that he had a who’s who of New England powerlifters there for a support staff for loading judging and spotting.  Alex was a class act as usual, very well liked among the lifters.  He was “the cool guy in the kilt”.
Journals / Re: Bando's Log - Anabolic Dreams and PR Screams
« Last post by Nuh on October 16, 2017, 04:48:08 PM »
Ayyyee Dana flyes ;)... Shoulders today for me as well. Finished off with them there bang bangs!
Journals / Re: Bando's Log - Anabolic Dreams and PR Screams
« Last post by Bando on October 16, 2017, 03:46:05 PM »
Shoulders

DB Press

35's, 50's, 60's, 70's x 8

Reverse Incline flyes

35's, 40's, 45's x 10

Shrugs

70's x 8
75's x 9, 5 sets

Front Raises  ::)

20's - 25's 3 sets to fail