Bodybuilding Forums > Equipment

New plates

<< < (2/4) > >>

FLEX:

--- Quote from: Bando on March 15, 2021, 09:41:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: FLEX on March 15, 2021, 09:25:12 PM ---
Bought them refurbished from a dude on FB.

--- End quote ---

He did a pretty decent job IMO.

You ever going back to a commercial gym? I canceled my main gym membership and they refunded me right back to when they closed last year due to the Rona.

--- End quote ---

I have 3 gym memberships.  When they re-open I will cancel two of them. I will keep the one with the pool. Lisa likes to go for a swim sometimes and that is her favorite of the 3. Might go once or twice a week, since doing a decent upper back workout at home is tough given what I have.  But I will never go to the gym for the big 4 lifts.  No need to.

Bando:

--- Quote from: FLEX on March 16, 2021, 10:08:57 AM --- I will never go to the gym for the big 4 lifts.  No need to.

--- End quote ---

I was in our little community fitness center last night incline benching 225, had like 7 kids stop talking and just watch me. Then I got a spot for one set and that allowed me to get an extra 2 reps that I wouldn't have attempted alone.

There's some things I really like about public gyms.

induced_drag:

--- Quote from: Bando on March 16, 2021, 11:46:20 AM ---
I was in our little community fitness center last night incline benching 225, had like 7 kids stop talking and just watch me. Then I got a spot for one set and that allowed me to get an extra 2 reps that I wouldn't have attempted alone.

--- End quote ---

Never once had a spot in the gym. Srs.    Except for maybe 2 or 3 times.    I did not feel comfortable benching 405 for the first time by myself even though I knew I could do it.    Dont think I have ever 'failed' a rep (outside a comp) where I missed 440 bench.

I generally always know that I can lift something.  During a set, I cant imagine 'finding' a rep.   Maybe that means I leave too much on the table?   Just feel like I know when I have one more in me and when it is time to rack it.

I dont like pushing so hard that I am not in full control of a rep.  That kind of stuff scares me too much with risk of injury.    For me, breaking form is when I get hurt.   I always rack it before I get to that point.

FLEX:

--- Quote from: Bando on March 16, 2021, 11:46:20 AM ---I was in our little community fitness center last night incline benching 225, had like 7 kids stop talking and just watch me. Then I got a spot for one set and that allowed me to get an extra 2 reps that I wouldn't have attempted alone.

--- End quote ---

I've done some monster squats and deadlifts in public gyms many times and no one ever gives a fuck.  I don't need an audience.

I'd rather do those lifts at home where I can literally spend up to two hours with no one bugging me and listening to my own music.

Only lift I would ever need a spot for is bench and if I want I have Lisa and Liam to spot me.

I have done a few sets of bench to failure recently and dumped the bar on the safeties.  I'm comfortable with that.

Bando:
I guess I'm getting something out of the social aspect in an outside gym, maybe it's all the years I've been the Adviser for a college weightlifting club.

I do know that if I had the sweet home setups that you guys have it would be easier to for me to find the motivation to train at home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version