Author Topic: RPS Spring Supremacy 2018  (Read 689 times)

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 176
Re: RPS Spring Supremacy 2018
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2017, 06:30:57 PM »
I still need 14, 45lb plates for the warmup area, one of you guys flying in mind bringing those along?
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online reduni

• Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2017, 12:31:05 PM »
Iron Sanctuary Attitude:

I'm in.

Not Iron Sanctuary Attitude:

At this point I'm hoping to go. But it's still a ways away.

Fixed.  :D

Ha I get it. I'm definitely planning on being there but I have some kid issues that need to be sorted first. I'm training to be ready for the 28th regardless.

I still need 14, 45lb plates for the warmup area, one of you guys flying in mind bringing those along?

Can we pack 10's and 5's? they're less bulky  and will fit into overhead storage easier ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:32:57 PM by reduni »
the only easy day was yesterday

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2017, 06:02:14 PM »
I got the call from Gene today.  He first up, apologized because he felt like a bit of a hypocrite.  He wanted me to reach out to Bando in regards to possibly finding a new Venue for Spring Supremacy.  After everything that happen with Bando and RPS, Gene realized it had come back to bite him.

Gene is looking for a new home for Spring Supremacy

just quoting because asked and delivered.

Bando don't know non deliverables.

Ayye 8)

Awesome fucking job.  Seriously.  You showed true character that I have not seen often by doing this after what happened in the past.

Beers and steaks are on me in April. 
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Join the Ranks!  http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/yearly-rankings

Online John

• Site Champion
  • Height: 73
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2017, 09:44:22 PM »
I got the call from Gene today.  He first up, apologized because he felt like a bit of a hypocrite.  He wanted me to reach out to Bando in regards to possibly finding a new Venue for Spring Supremacy.  After everything that happen with Bando and RPS, Gene realized it had come back to bite him.

Gene is looking for a new home for Spring Supremacy

just quoting because asked and delivered.

Bando don't know non deliverables.

Ayye 8)

Awesome fucking job.  Seriously.  You showed true character that I have not seen often by doing this after what happened in the past.

Cosigned. Most would have told Gene to go fuk himself; I know I would.
1 set, 1 rep, 1 pound at a time

☻/
/▌ Dm2Dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
/ \

Online AlexanderOmand

• Site Champion
  • Built Like Keg
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: Gaining....
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2017, 10:53:05 AM »
long ass weekend, Drove 6 hours to PA on Friday to assist/run Christmas Carnage, as Gene was under the weather (understatement...)

This was the first time I'd talked to him in person since Bando pulled it all together.
Gene and Ame were both incredibly happy that this came together.  IT's a much shorter drive for them, it's more central, and it really puts a big RPS flag right in the Middle of NY.

Thanks, Again, Bando, for making this all happen.

I won't be there, as 3 days post Meet, I'm getting married. 

I will see Jim and Lisa in NY a month later, though.
Do not fear The Iron, for it does not care.
The Iron is Resolute in Purpose, Steadfast in Intent, Unwavering in Desire, and Immovable in Stature.
Unless acted upon by a Superior Force.
Squat: 545; Bench: 350; Deadlift: 610; Total: 1490

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 176
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2017, 10:06:29 PM »

This was the first time I'd talked to him in person since Bando pulled it all together.
Gene and Ame were both incredibly happy that this came together.  IT's a much shorter drive for them, it's more central, and it really puts a big RPS flag right in the Middle of NY.

Thanks, Again, Bando, for making this all happen.

Cosigned. Most would have told Gene to go fuk himself; I know I would.

Thanks Fellas.

Just always felt at home at RPS meets and I've been to plenty of other fed comps. At Retribution a few years back we had a tiny little Asian girl in her first meet, opening with a bar only lift. She was cheered on and her lift was treated with all the dignity & respect of a guy going for 400. Was just a little thing, but since she was one of my lifters, it meant a lot to me. I get that there's lots of personalities and attitudes in this sport, but RPS exemplifies a spirit of sportsmanship and camaraderie that needs to be carried on.

I think this venue is perfect for making it a pinnacle event, right in the middle of NY, a mile off the highway, lots of hotels and me promoting it in the local gyms.

Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online reduni

• Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2017, 10:33:50 PM »
Kudos to you Bando for getting it done regardless of any history.  I've only been to 1 meet and it was last years spring supremacy but I did notice that there was no noticeable attitudes. Everyone was there to lift and cheer on other lifters. Kind of like here in IS. Just support and advice regardless of level of type of lifting.
the only easy day was yesterday