Author Topic: All Pro's Routine  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Cali

• Matt
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 195
All Pro's Routine
« on: December 22, 2014, 03:15:39 AM »
Why should a beginner use 5x5 or SS over a program like All Pro's bodybuilding routine? It seems that they incorporate similar exercises, just with different weight distribution and sets/reps.
EVERYTHING you put in your body matters IF you want to reach your maximum potential.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 176
Re: All Pro's Routine
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 08:41:42 AM »
beginner =/= pro
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline Fiend_73

• Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 260
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 10:38:02 AM »
Except for the 1st year I worked out the other 25 years have all been done basically without a routine.
I make my own and refuse any cookie cutter brain refuse someone else has published.

The 1st year I followed a routine that came with the weight set, 3 days/week full body.
That got me used to the exercises, removed the dread from working out (I didn't like lifting way back then), and got me reading books and mags(no internet back then).

Upon reading I came across the back bone of my long term and current training mandate;
Never have the same workout twice.

and another gem (I can't remember the exact number but it was very high);
It will take you approximately 10,000 reps of an exercise to get it right...not just the form but the feeling.

Given the people's different bio mechanics, levers and whatnot pre-dispose folks to excel or be weaker on certain lifts than others it was now time to experiment with every exercise in the book, get those reps in, and see what worked for me.

During this time I found some great stuff, some common exercises did nothing for me, some uncommon exercises I benefited greatly from that are rarely found in published routines (like good mornings).
When I knew my body in the gym I picked a goal to train for, bodybuilding.

Since then I've run GVT (German Volume Training) and PHAT (Layne Norton was my 1st prep coach) but customized them both to fit me...even Layne's program whom I was paying for advices.
He may have a Ph.D, but I have a Ph.D in me.

Another thing cookie cutter programs do not do is factor in real life and rarely do they have a "Plan B". You gotta have a Plan B every day.

I do not recommend any program currently out there.
I recommend educating yourself, experimenting, assessing, picking a goal to work towards, and then making your own program based off of your responses to life and weight training.

Offline Cali

• Matt
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:04:17 PM »
beginner =/= pro

It's meant for beginners,

Fiend, I don't think I could hold myself accountable without a routine, to be honest. I'd screw around way too much.
EVERYTHING you put in your body matters IF you want to reach your maximum potential.

Offline peacesells

• Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 205
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 10:57:46 AM »
Either works. 

Offline Willsonjamee1

• Height: 185
  • Weight: 78
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »
How long does it take to get a bodybuilder? And how should food?