Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Journals / Re: Perseverance, Inc.
« Last post by Bando on Today at 12:40:52 AM »
I didn't eat/sleep/hydrate properly

got 6.5 days to fix that
Powerlifting / Re: RPS Spring Supremacy 2018
« Last post by FLEX on April 21, 2018, 11:09:02 PM »
Good luck everyone!  Rest up and smash it next weekend.

Thanks.  That is the plan.  :)

I am sure it will be a good time regardless.
« Last post by BLK00TJ on April 21, 2018, 11:04:11 PM »
Good luck everyone!  Rest up and smash it next weekend.
« Last post by Bando on April 21, 2018, 10:25:07 PM »
Menu and atmosphere look good and it's 5 only mins from our hotel.

I'm sold.

More like 10 with traffic.

David Feinstein owns it, little Italian guy that plays a mean guitar. In the 70's he formed a band called "the Rods" the lead singer of the band was Ronnie Dio. He was from Cortland.

You might remember him:

[youtube]vqLFl2obk-o[/youtube]
« Last post by FLEX on April 21, 2018, 09:55:42 PM »
Menu and atmosphere look good and it's 5 only mins from our hotel.

I'm sold.
« Last post by Bando on April 21, 2018, 09:54:12 PM »
Leaning toward Hollywood......

No matter what you order there, it's good. They make a toasted cheeseburger that I've never had anywhere else, thick Italian bread, mozzarella cheese and tomato grilled like a toasted cheese sandwich. Pasta is good as well. Atmosphere is dark with comfy 1970's booths, like Delmonicos without the 1920's stockings.
Journals / Re: Perseverance, Inc.
« Last post by FLEX on April 21, 2018, 09:34:24 PM »
Little update:

I had to go to Denver for business Sunday afternoon so no training Sun/Mon/Tue.

Landed in Toronto late Wed afternoon took a taxi home then changed and went to the gym.  It was almost 6pm by the time I got there an I had nothing to eat all day (I'm a nervous flyer so I rarely eat when I fly).

Did a bench session it was horrible.  I didn't eat/sleep/hydrate properly the whole trip and there was a lot of beers consumed.

Didn't train Thu or Fri but did squats today; worked up to a single at 585.

Will do bench tomorrow, skip Monday, deadlift session Tuesday morning then that's it until the platform.
« Last post by FLEX on April 21, 2018, 09:12:04 PM »
Leaning toward Hollywood......
« Last post by Bando on April 21, 2018, 08:55:38 PM »
The venue is in the town where I graduated college from. The event is being held on a large indoor soccer field and it's the 1st of it's kind for that area. The complex has a little snack bar, not sure if it will be open the day of our event. There's not much in that part of town with the exception of Hyde's Diner. Hyde's is within walking distance and has great, cheap food, the breakfasts are outstanding. Restaurants in the area are plentiful, but no true steakhouse.

It's about 3 miles to Doug's Fish Fry, which has a few different beers but the fish and chips are OUTSTANDING:

http://www.dougsfishfry.com/dff_cortland/index.php

The best restaurant in town is the Hollywood, kind of a small town homegrown version of Delmonico's, but without all the steak selections:

http://www.hollywoodcortlandny.com/

Right around the corner is The Community Restaurant, great food, decent bar but not open very late:

http://www.thecommunityrestaurant.com/

On old friend of mine owns this place that's open late, but I've actually never been there:

http://www.hairytonys.com/

The last time I lifted weights in Cortland was a 200 BP PR in my dorm room in 1986, so hopefully I can beat my 32 year old Cortland NY PR  ;D

Journals / Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Last post by Merkley on April 21, 2018, 07:00:17 PM »
Tonight's training went well.

It was hypertrophy chest and arms. Everything went fairly well, although it most was a huge blur of getting shit done. I got there a little later than I would have liked and had to hurry through everything before they closed.

I did lots of chest and lots of arms.

training journal done.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10