Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Journals / Re: Andrew's Big 3 Journal
« Last post by Bando on Today at 10:00:36 AM »

Hearing about my deads was a bit of a hard pill to swallow because its been my best lift, but this is the benefit of getting good feeback from a PL coach, they dont sugar coat anything. It is what it is. With improper tension at the set up and back rounding at the start, the problem shows up at lock out. Off the floor is fine, but if the back isn't positioned properly, it makes the lock out very tough at higher loads. I think fixing this form issue will be key to moving my deadlift to the next level. (600lb  8))

glad to hear you are making breakthroughs with bracing on your deads, keep it up man

------------------

Resting this weekend, got my programming for next week. Nothing exciting, its just a repeat of last week

Journals / Re: Andrew's Big 3 Journal
« Last post by Dave on Today at 09:57:00 AM »
Thats the same exact thing Ed Coan said to me - if youre tight enough the weight will come off the floor at lighter weight b4 the pull. I actually showed Bando this when he came to train at Herc.

Glad you have some eyes on your lifts. It will pay off in April!

You showed me that as well and I've never truly been able to figure it out, especially past the first rep.  I really tried working on it last night during my paused deads.   I think I get to eager to get the set over and done with and rush too much.  Not a great strategy I know lol
Journals / Re: TM's Training Journal/Torture Log
« Last post by Dave on Today at 09:54:55 AM »
You're spiderman?  :o  ;D

Metcons looking tough as always Trent.  Enjoy the weather.  I'll take snow over rain personally.  I'm looking out my window at a nice dusting right now.
Journals / Re: Reduni's Log.
« Last post by Dave on Today at 09:51:28 AM »
I don't know how you and Shawn don't get hit with youtube copyright issues all the time.  It feels like everytime I have music playing I need to spend 10 minutes editing my vid lol

Lifts looking great Rich.  You'll be in great shape for April (yeah, you're coming ;D )
Journals / Re: Greg's Lifting Journal
« Last post by Dave on Today at 09:46:43 AM »
Solid work Greg!
Journals / Re: 1100 in April
« Last post by Dave on Today at 09:45:03 AM »
Off day today.  Got in a 3.8 km walk in this morning.  Last night was 3 sessions in a row so break is well earned.  Back is feeling pretty tender this morning.   Start week 2 tomorrow with some 5x5 squats and more 7s on bench!

I think you’re setting up for a good cycle of bench

I hope so, Bench has been going well for quite some time now.  I really want to keep pushing it hard these next few months.  Looking  for a tripe with 245 by the end of this cycle. 

Moving right along Dave!
Working sets of 7, unless it's about 50% 1rm, makes me tired  ;D

7s are the work of the devil.  I hate them lol
Journals / Re: Greg's Lifting Journal
« Last post by piperdown on Today at 07:58:52 AM »
Back to back bench = no joke!
Moving some good volume and killing it on conditioning Greg  :thumbsup:
Journals / Re: Reduni's Log.
« Last post by piperdown on Today at 07:55:43 AM »
Nice job Rich.
OHP is one of those lifts (prior to fubar shoulder) where it would be good for 2 weeks straight and then the 3rd week you wonder where the strength went.
I guess 2 steps forward, 1 back and all that.
Journals / Re: BLKs Training Journal
« Last post by piperdown on Today at 07:53:14 AM »
Can't you just recalculate and pick up from there? Heck, I've had to do that when the weights weren't "right".

Calgary BB is one I'm thinking about for next spring.
Journals / Re: Shawn's Gonna Get on Dat Platform!!
« Last post by piperdown on Today at 07:48:43 AM »
That's great the knee is feeling good!

9 days off from bench? Yikes! That would be a brutal session coming back in. No wonder you said fuk it ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10