Author Topic: Iron Sanctuary official cutting thread  (Read 75354 times)

Offline djflex

• Hey, you gonna finish that sandwich ?
  • Height: 5 6
  • Weight: Pleasantly plump
Re: Iron Sanctuary official cutting thread
« Reply #525 on: July 28, 2015, 10:27:27 PM »
Thanks piper
Carrots may be good for your eyes,
But booze will double your vision

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 203
« Reply #526 on: July 28, 2015, 10:49:25 PM »

So far down from a high of 224 and hovering at 197. Got another 10-15lbs to go.
Except immediately after I eat I've gotten used to being a little hungry most of the time. After the first four weeks it's now just a little annoying niggle in the back of my mind.

Very nice.

I used a "system" called "volumetrics" when I made my initial weight loss and I never felt hungry. Basically you eat eat foods high in water. I used to (and still enjoy) these massive salads with a mountain of veggies and a couple chicken breasts sliced thin. Drizzle of olive oil and red wine vinegar, tablespoon of blue cheese or feta crumbles. It was a lot of tasty food at a minimal calorie count. Just something to consider.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #527 on: July 29, 2015, 07:00:57 AM »

Except immediately after I eat I've gotten used to being a little hungry most of the time. After the first four weeks it's now just a little annoying niggle in the back of my mind.

Very nice.

I used a "system" called "volumetrics" when I made my initial weight loss and I never felt hungry. Basically you eat eat foods high in water. I used to (and still enjoy) these massive salads with a mountain of veggies and a couple chicken breasts sliced thin. Drizzle of olive oil and red wine vinegar, tablespoon of blue cheese or feta crumbles. It was a lot of tasty food at a minimal calorie count. Just something to consider.

I was doing really well with packing a lunch with lots of veggies usually 2 cups worth, 1/2 cups rice and then some type of protein. Then I got lazy  :(
Need to up my game on the lunches again, because you're absolutely correct. 2 cups worth of mixed veggies kept me full for hours. Did the same with dinner. Still get a little hungry even with the veggies and stuff but not too bad.
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Offline djflex

« Reply #528 on: July 29, 2015, 08:06:56 AM »

Very nice.

I was doing really well with packing a lunch with lots of veggies usually 2 cups worth, 1/2 cups rice and then some type of protein. Then I got lazy  :(
Need to up my game on the lunches again, because you're absolutely correct. 2 cups worth of mixed veggies kept me full for hours. Did the same with dinner. Still get a little hungry even with the veggies and stuff but not too bad.

Well you sure have had good success si far. Stay at it

Offline djflex

« Reply #529 on: July 29, 2015, 09:00:53 PM »
Holy cow , grumpy as fuk already...

Lolz

Offline Plateauplower

• Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 192
« Reply #530 on: July 30, 2015, 09:45:17 AM »
That first two weeks sucks pretty bad...Like bando I like food volume. So I prett much avoid protein powder and drinking any calories other than alcohol but I adjust food to make that fit when dieting. Flat bread wraps with any type of meat seem to work well for me. I generelly have to keep carbs very low in a deficit to not be starving all day. GL

Offline XavierNusum

• Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 261
« Reply #531 on: August 01, 2015, 09:39:18 PM »
I started my conditioning, fat loss phase of LRB365 so I'm trading in my powerlifting split for HIIT 2X wk, steady state 2x wk and two high volume, low intensity lifting sessions. Also dropped cals by 300 (10%) and switched to 30p/30c/40f. It's gonna be a long six weeks. I miss eating and lifting heavy already.
",,,in the long run, motivation is just a notch above useless. take the emotion out of it and be disciplined."
-cwolfman13 (MFP member)

"It's still yo MF'n set" - CTFletcher

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
  • OVER HERE GETTING FAT!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #532 on: August 11, 2015, 07:05:15 AM »
While I'm not officially cutting, I have started eating better ( since Monday last week ) and have lost about 5 lbs so far.

My goal is just to work on dropping as much fat from my mid section as possible.
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
« Reply #533 on: August 11, 2015, 07:48:59 AM »
While I'm not officially cutting, I have started eating better ( since Monday last week ) and have lost about 5 lbs so far.

My goal is just to work on dropping as much fat from my mid section as possible.

Small changes like you're doing have a large impact over time.
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #534 on: August 11, 2015, 09:21:36 AM »

I'm hoping I can keep it up for a while. I have a real hard time sticking to eating healthy.

I'm not gonna push myself too hard and limit everything. Whenever I do that I fall completely off.
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
« Reply #535 on: August 11, 2015, 10:20:57 AM »

I'm hoping I can keep it up for a while. I have a real hard time sticking to eating healthy.

I'm not gonna push myself too hard and limit everything. Whenever I do that I fall completely off.

I don't cut out anything, just plan for it. And if I'm a little over one day, no worries, I can make it up over the next couple days.
I eat pretty light during the day which leaves me ~1000 or little less cals at the end of the day. So, on Friday nights, which is pizza night at home, I'll have a slice or two and a couple beers.
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #536 on: August 11, 2015, 11:33:54 AM »

I don't cut out anything, just plan for it. And if I'm a little over one day, no worries, I can make it up over the next couple days.
I eat pretty light during the day which leaves me ~1000 or little less cals at the end of the day. So, on Friday nights, which is pizza night at home, I'll have a slice or two and a couple beers.

That sounds a lot easier.
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline Huntforfun

• GFX Vault - Forum
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 156
« Reply #537 on: March 03, 2016, 02:58:51 PM »
MY trainer is prepping me for my first physique show, as of right now Im on little to no carbs at all with one carbload/cheat per weekend.

I went from 165-150lbs in 2 months. Pretty steady, my protein intake is great... im still hitting some numbers on excersizes I was at 165 which is awesome and strange at the same time. Soon he said I am going to have to do keto I believe its called? right before my show... from what he said it sounds horrible : ((( anyone know what it is exactly?
I intend to tell fate its my turn to take the reigns.

Offline Get-n-fit

• HEAVY WEIGHT IS A BITCH, MAKE IT YOURS!!
« Reply #538 on: March 03, 2016, 03:24:37 PM »
If you're at little to no carbs no, you're probably already in Keto, it only takes about 3 days of extremely low carbs, high protein/fats to get into keto.   Keto is basically, giving your body no choice but to burn it's existing fat reserves instead of any new carbs you'd provide I.  Once you're in Keto, you will know bc your piss will have a very strong horrid smell to it.  Your sweat and breath will also stink.   

Online def from http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/180858.php:
In normal circumstances, the body's cells use glucose as their main form of energy. Glucose is typically derived from dietary carbohydrates, including sugar and starchy foods such as bread and pasta which the body breaks down into simple sugars. Glucose can either be used to fuel the body or stored in the liver and muscles as glycogen.1

If there is not enough glucose available to meet energy demands, the body will adopt an alternative strategy in order to meet those demands. Specifically, the body begins to break down fat stores to provide glucose from triglycerides. Ketones are a by-product of this process.

Ketones are acids that build up in the blood and are eliminated in urine. In small amounts, they serve to indicate that the body is breaking down fat, but high levels of ketones can poison the body, leading to a process called ketoacidosis.2

Ketosis describes the metabolic state whereby the body converts fat stores into energy, releasing ketones in the process.3
IG: Tourostrengthtraining
Lift light, until you can lift right
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Huntforfun

• GFX Vault - Forum
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 156
« Reply #539 on: March 03, 2016, 10:23:51 PM »
If you're at little to no carbs no, you're probably already in Keto, it only takes about 3 days of extremely low carbs, high protein/fats to get into keto.   Keto is basically, giving your body no choice but to burn it's existing fat reserves instead of any new carbs you'd provide I.  Once you're in Keto, you will know bc your piss will have a very strong horrid smell to it.  Your sweat and breath will also stink.   

Online def from http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/180858.php:
In normal circumstances, the body's cells use glucose as their main form of energy. Glucose is typically derived from dietary carbohydrates, including sugar and starchy foods such as bread and pasta which the body breaks down into simple sugars. Glucose can either be used to fuel the body or stored in the liver and muscles as glycogen.1

If there is not enough glucose available to meet energy demands, the body will adopt an alternative strategy in order to meet those demands. Specifically, the body begins to break down fat stores to provide glucose from triglycerides. Ketones are a by-product of this process.

Ketones are acids that build up in the blood and are eliminated in urine. In small amounts, they serve to indicate that the body is breaking down fat, but high levels of ketones can poison the body, leading to a process called ketoacidosis.2

Ketosis describes the metabolic state whereby the body converts fat stores into energy, releasing ketones in the process.3

thanks alot this explains so much. its so weird I have the same strength but i feel tired, he said thats what would happen though. I like cannot wait for my cheats!

Im almost done though 4th quarter....
I intend to tell fate its my turn to take the reigns.