Author Topic: Iron Sanctuary official cutting thread  (Read 75354 times)

Offline cmoore

• Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 180
Re: Iron Sanctuary official cutting thread
« Reply #510 on: May 06, 2015, 12:40:10 PM »
181.  Should be pretty easy.  I'm ramping up water intake until Thursday morning while cutting back on carbs and sodium.  Weigh in is Friday morning at 10.

Update?
"Of all the things I lost during my cut, I miss my mind the most." -cmoore

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #511 on: May 06, 2015, 04:33:01 PM »
181.  Should be pretty easy.  I'm ramping up water intake until Thursday morning while cutting back on carbs and sodium.  Weigh in is Friday morning at 10.

Update?
I weighed in at 181.6 with clothes on which was within their lbs - kg conversion for the 181.b class (weird).  When i got home, I weighed myself with and without clothes and calculated I was wearing 2.8lbs of clothing.  That means my "real" weight at time of weigh in was 178.8.

Offline cmoore

« Reply #512 on: May 06, 2015, 06:28:18 PM »
I weighed in at 181.6 with clothes on which was within their lbs - kg conversion for the 181.b class (weird).  When i got home, I weighed myself with and without clothes and calculated I was wearing 2.8lbs of clothing.  That means my "real" weight at time of weigh in was 178.8.

Nice work!

Offline cmoore

« Reply #513 on: May 07, 2015, 03:47:15 PM »
I'm 4 weeks out for ANW today and figure a high calorie day is due in case my met needs a reset button push.
IDK that my body even knows what Leptin is anymore, and yes, I know Leptin levels usually require more than one heavy meal. That being said, I've had better outcomes of late with one calorie spike vs my historical 24 and 48 feeds:

Scheduled refeed today (and it's my birthday- 43):
-minimal intake early in the day fasted w/o, 30P post/wo, 50P lunch,
-Big refeed dinner: 100P, 400C (100F), 80F

Target Daily Totals:
180P
408C
84F
~3100 calories (600 TDEE surplus)

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #514 on: May 07, 2015, 04:28:35 PM »
I'm 4 weeks out for ANW today and figure a high calorie day is due in case my met needs a reset button push.
IDK that my body even knows what Leptin is anymore, and yes, I know Leptin levels usually require more than one heavy meal. That being said, I've had better outcomes of late with one calorie spike vs my historical 24 and 48 feeds:

Scheduled refeed today (and it's my birthday- 43):
-minimal intake early in the day fasted w/o, 30P post/wo, 50P lunch,
-Big refeed dinner: 100P, 400C (100F), 80F

Target Daily Totals:
180P
408C
84F
~3100 calories (600 TDEE surplus)

Well, happy birthday Chris! Enjoy the meal  :)
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Offline Cali

• Matt
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #515 on: May 07, 2015, 07:01:42 PM »
Happy birthday amigo!
EVERYTHING you put in your body matters IF you want to reach your maximum potential.

Offline cmoore

« Reply #516 on: May 08, 2015, 07:57:40 AM »

Happy birthday amigo!

Thanks guys! Refeed is done. Managed to sleep through the night without my typical carb up induced Charlie horses. So happy birthday to me. With the carb up out of the way, I can buckle down the next 4 weeks and be really sharp come june4th.

Offline Plateauplower

• Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 192
« Reply #517 on: May 08, 2015, 09:04:28 AM »

Happy birthday amigo!

Thanks guys! Refeed is done. Managed to sleep through the night without my typical carb up induced Charlie horses. So happy birthday to me. With the carb up out of the way, I can buckle down the next 4 weeks and be really sharp come june4th.

Happy Belated Birthday! Do you ever feel like shit the day after a high carb day? I have only done a few where I really focused on keeping fat lower, pro moderate, and getting lots of carbs and it seems to make me feel like a lethargic sloth the next day. I eat decent carb sources, oats, bread, sweet potatoes, reg potatoes, extra veg etc. I wonder if has something to do with being adapted to higher pro/fat for energy? Also soon as I eat carbs I'm starving all day, I could get by fine on 2200 or less most days with mostly pro and fat, but could easily put away 3K in carbs and feel unsatiable all day...I'm surpirsed your leptin hasn't just died by now or given up  ;D

Offline cmoore

« Reply #518 on: May 08, 2015, 09:54:27 AM »
Happy Belated Birthday! Do you ever feel like shit the day after a high carb day? I have only done a few where I really focused on keeping fat lower, pro moderate, and getting lots of carbs and it seems to make me feel like a lethargic sloth the next day. I eat decent carb sources, oats, bread, sweet potatoes, reg potatoes, extra veg etc. I wonder if has something to do with being adapted to higher pro/fat for energy? Also soon as I eat carbs I'm starving all day, I could get by fine on 2200 or less most days with mostly pro and fat, but could easily put away 3K in carbs and feel unsatiable all day...I'm surpirsed your leptin hasn't just died by now or given up  ;D

Carb loading usually causes me to have intense night calf cramps (somehow I escaped that last night). I don't like carb ups beyond the academic benefits, I typically feel hungover the next day and irritable. For me the sweet spot of spillover is right at 400g C, anything beyond that really shows up and lasts over the following few days.

Offline Plateauplower

« Reply #519 on: May 08, 2015, 11:07:07 AM »

Carb loading usually causes me to have intense night calf cramps (somehow I escaped that last night). I don't like carb ups beyond the academic benefits, I typically feel hungover the next day and irritable. For me the sweet spot of spillover is right at 400g C, anything beyond that really shows up and lasts over the following few days.

Yea hung over is a good description. I shed the scale weight pretty quickly, but I feel tired and irritable the next day. Strange. I'm still too fat to know when I'm spilling over etc but I can tell massive amounts (for me 400-600g don't help my training any the following day.

Online induced_drag

• Global Moderator
  • Height: 69
  • Weight: 195
« Reply #520 on: May 08, 2015, 07:06:56 PM »
The "drunk" part is a good word for it.   I have not been 'refeeding' as much as I should at this point.   I am thinking that I am almost at the point where one good meal a week...or maybe once every two weeks would be good.   In the four months I have only had 3 "cheat" meals....and they were not really that bad as I ate lightly during the day in prep for them.   Except for one where I just let myself binge and rolled with it along with a few beers with an evening with friends.

I am almost at the point where I am going to institute a more defined carb cycle.   Bringing carbs up intra and post workout via additional dextrose.    I found when I experimented this summer, I could consume as much as 60g intra and not even be impacted like I am when I eat plain sugar otherwise.  (no crash...etc).   I also figured that I could get some more carbs in after the workout without much harm.   Some call this "carb backloading".

It will be a good experiment when the time comes......   I am not quite there yet and want the skin to thin out just a little more first.

Oh...and happy belated Chris!

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
« Reply #521 on: May 08, 2015, 09:48:06 PM »
^^^ let us know when you go to intra so we can all invest in smarties  :jester:
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Offline Plateauplower

« Reply #522 on: May 09, 2015, 07:53:22 AM »
^^^ let us know when you go to intra so we can all invest in smarties  :jester:

I bought a bag of smarties to try that last year. 6g dex per roll. I don't see myself ever pounding 10 rolls of smarties, I'd probably throw up. Powder would be the whey to go  ;)

Offline djflex

• Hey, you gonna finish that sandwich ?
  • Height: 5 6
  • Weight: Pleasantly plump
« Reply #523 on: July 28, 2015, 09:56:15 PM »
Hello old friends.

Due to massive fat accumulation , it is beyond time to start a cut again.
Because of my current shoulder injury i cant try as i would like so a cut should help my state of mind. Plus i look like a bloated weeble, so away we go.

Per my usual strategy beer may still be consumed at will. Will likely throw a few vodka and diet tonics to save a few cals here and there. Furthermore, i have no intention of counting a single calorie. Lastly i will not weigh myself at all to start. No before pics will be posted. When i feel i have some solid results i will post pics and then weigh in. As usual i welcome your criticism of my style, but as always i will ignore and go about my business. I estimate my current weight at about 200 lbs.

One change is that i will be forced to do some cardio as my training is limited in what i can do right now.

Anyways, thanks for your time

Your pal,

Djflex
Carrots may be good for your eyes,
But booze will double your vision

Online piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
« Reply #524 on: July 28, 2015, 10:24:15 PM »
Good luck!

Only way I can drop is by counting cals. Build in a few beers or rum and cokes periodically too.
So far down from a high of 224 and hovering at 197. Got another 10-15lbs to go.
Except immediately after I eat I've gotten used to being a little hungry most of the time. After the first four weeks it's now just a little annoying niggle in the back of my mind.
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr