Author Topic: Greg's Lifting Journal  (Read 4131 times)

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
Re: Greg's Lifting Journal
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2018, 07:03:09 PM »
Awesome bench and squats Greg! Ed Coan!! U gotta go!!
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Online ptreyesgreg

• Keeping On Keeping On
    • My Training Blog
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2018, 01:58:17 AM »
Awesome bench and squats Greg! Ed Coan!! U gotta go!!

Thanks Shawn. 😊  Squats and bench are both feeling good these days so thatís a win.

Yeah Iím looking forward to the Ed Coan session.  Hopefully I can pick up some good tips.
If you don't find the limit you don't have to answer that question...you have no limit.
- Brian Shaw

If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. -Wendler

My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/

Online Dave

• Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 187
« Reply #287 on: April 21, 2018, 07:16:03 AM »
And it's free.  That can't be beat.  The barbell medicine guys are coming to Toronto for a seminar in August that I was going to look into going to until I found out they charge at least 500.00 to get in.  No thanks lol I'll catch them on youtube ;D
☻/
/ \

Spring supremacy 2017 - 275, 235, 430 - 940 total

Online ptreyesgreg

• Keeping On Keeping On
    • My Training Blog
« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2018, 09:12:44 AM »
And it's free.  That can't be beat.  The barbell medicine guys are coming to Toronto for a seminar in August that I was going to look into going to until I found out they charge at least 500.00 to get in.  No thanks lol I'll catch them on youtube ;D

Yeah it was the same when the Barbell Medicine guys came here to Alan's gym.    They were charging somewhere around $400-500.  I have a friend who went and he said it was worth it, but for me there was no chance of that.  I think if I would have even suggested that sort of "investment" my wife would have had me sleeping in the back yard for a month. :D
If you don't find the limit you don't have to answer that question...you have no limit.
- Brian Shaw

If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. -Wendler

Offline Andrew

• Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 217
« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2018, 01:53:42 PM »
Hope you go Sunday and learn a lot. I will be asking for you to share the knowledge next week when we lift at Untamed
☻/
/ \
Team RTS

Take whats there in your training

Online ptreyesgreg

• Keeping On Keeping On
    • My Training Blog
« Reply #290 on: April 22, 2018, 11:18:52 PM »
This morning I completed the following Sheiko Workout (#31_Wk4_B):

Pre-Workout:
Shoulder Rehab Exercises w/ Red Mini-Bands

Workout:

Bench Press   5-45, 3-135, 5-155, 4-185, 3-215, 2x2 @ 250, 1-265, 1-280, 1-315 (new pr), 2x2 @ 250

4" Block Pulls  3-225, 3-265, 3-315, 2x2 @ 350, 1-375, 2x1 @ 405

SSB Squats   3-45, 3-135, 3-185, 5x3 @ 225

KB French Press   5-50, 3x6 @50

Bodyweight: 215.6 Pounds

Workout Duration: 1:30:00.00 h:mm:ss

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh4Bh3VB_EX

Good workout today.  I had a bad bout of food poisoning last night so I wasn't sure how today's workout would go.  I wanted to go to the SuperTraining seminar with Ed Coan and Stan Efferding, though, so I had to get out to my gym early (~5:45am).  Bench felt suprisingly strong.  I was supposed to work up to 2 singles at 280, but I was feeling so good after the first one I decided to go for a new PR at 315.  I hit it so that was very cool.

My block pulls went good as well.  I did hook grip on all my sets from 350 up and they all felt good.

After lifting I went to the seminar and it was awesome.  I'm glad I went.  There was good info from Mark Bell, Jesse Burdick, Stan Efferding, and Ed Coan.  It was packed and the line was long to get in but it was definitely worth it.

Hope you go Sunday and learn a lot. I will be asking for you to share the knowledge next week when we lift at Untamed

I did go Andy.  I'll have to tell you about it at Untamed.  I'll be in Tuesday night (I won't be able to make it down tomrrow).  I'm looking forward to another good week of lifting there.
- Brian Shaw

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #291 on: April 22, 2018, 11:46:58 PM »
Ya buddy! 315! Awesome bench and great job on the hookgrip pulls!
☻/
/ \

Online ptreyesgreg

• Keeping On Keeping On
    • My Training Blog
« Reply #292 on: Today at 08:51:23 AM »
Ya buddy! 315! Awesome bench and great job on the hookgrip pulls!

Thanks Shawn. :)  Hitting 315 was a looooong time coming but it was nice to put it up.  It felt like I had more in the tank too so that's even better.

The hookgrips really felt good too.  Switching over to them has been a good decision.  My thumbs wind up a little numb by the end of the session but aside from that there is no real pain anymore.
- Brian Shaw

Online Dave

• Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 187
« Reply #293 on: Today at 01:24:03 PM »
Beauty Greg!!! Nice work man. You can now bench what I can barely squat ;D
☻/
/ \

Spring supremacy 2017 - 275, 235, 430 - 940 total