Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 55453 times)

Online Merkley

• I pretend to lift from time to time.
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Whatever the mirror tells me...which is fat most days
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #1125 on: April 21, 2018, 11:35:14 AM »
Last night was back and shoulders hypertrophy day.

It was ok.

That really all I have to say about it.

Seated Rows - 4x8
 Rack Chins- 3x8
 Seated Cable rows - 3x8
 FLEX shrugs 2x15 (345 lbs)
 Close grip pulldowns- 2x15
 Seated Press 3x10
 Upright Rows 2x15
 Side Lat D-bell raises 3x12

~FIN~
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Online Merkley

« Reply #1126 on: April 21, 2018, 07:00:17 PM »
Tonight's training went well.

It was hypertrophy chest and arms. Everything went fairly well, although it most was a huge blur of getting shit done. I got there a little later than I would have liked and had to hurry through everything before they closed.

I did lots of chest and lots of arms.

training journal done.
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Online Merkley

« Reply #1127 on: Today at 09:04:15 AM »
Happy Monday...if there is such a thing.

Saturday night I did a sleep study. What a shit show that was, fuck. The place was nice, staff was great, but seriously how the fuck do you sleep when you have over 20 wires hooked up all over your body, 2 chest straps, etc??! I did my best, barely slept. I spent more time staring at the blinds on the windows waiting for the sun to come up, and the 2 red rings around the surveillance camera.

It was one of the longest nights of my life (or so it felt). When I was paged it was time to get up I couldn't have been happier.

I suppose it didn't help my fur baby had the shits the night prior and I was up all night with her. So two nights with no sleep really beat the shit outta me. Then I had a fun filled day of shopping yesterday, ugh. Though on a good note I did get to spend some good quality time with my wife, got some new smelly's from bath and bodyworks, and a new pair of shoes. 

Week 6 is now over and we are now into week 7.

Current weight is 223.6 as of this morning and holding at 23.5% BF. This past week no real changes were made like I had wanted to. I decided to keep doing what I've been doing and see how I responded. Well I'm hovering around the same weight and BF% so I'd call it a safe bet in adjusting my caloric intake.

It is now 9:03 am and I've had enough of work today.

As Russell Peters would put it.

"Someone gonna get a hurt"
 – Socrates