Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 77380 times)

Online Merkley

• I pretend to lift from time to time.
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Whatever the mirror tells me...which is fat most days
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #1155 on: January 14, 2019, 08:04:55 PM »
Today was Rows/Bench/Dead. It went ok, since I'm using lightweight it makes for quick sessions...like 20-25 min sessions. I did 4 sets of 5 for everything.
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Online Merkley

« Reply #1156 on: January 15, 2019, 07:22:30 AM »
Holy Moley.

Sorry to read about the family members you lost.

Thanks Bando.

“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Online Merkley

« Reply #1157 on: January 16, 2019, 06:29:21 AM »
Morning!

At the beginning to middle of December my weight had climbed back up to 230...and not a good 230 might I add. I'm happy to report I'm down to 220 this morning and that's over a matter of a couple weeks of tracking my food. I have it set up that I'm eating 2300 cals which is roughly what my maintenance is since I'm much more sloth like these days. I'm going to continue to eat 2300 over the next couple of weeks and see how my body responds to it.

I have training tonight and I'm really looking forward to it. Squats, Pull ups, and Military Press.

Hope you all have a great day!
 – Socrates

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #1158 on: January 16, 2019, 09:03:36 AM »
Nice! I've begun tracking and just started up with the fitbit as well, will rely on the fitbit to set my calorie target.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online Merkley

« Reply #1159 on: January 16, 2019, 09:12:34 AM »
Nice! I've begun tracking and just started up with the fitbit as well, will rely on the fitbit to set my calorie target.

I've been wanting to get a fitbit for some time but I have yet to pull the trigger. What are you personal experiences with it so far? Also which one did you get?
 – Socrates

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #1160 on: January 16, 2019, 09:41:50 AM »
Originally I got the Charge HR, it's flimsy junk compared to what they make now. When that finally died I gotta cheapo tracker off Amazon that didn't work because the interface software was so poorly written. I just got a refurbished Charge HR off of eBay for $30 but I'm thinking the battery life may be chitty.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?