Alternative Lifting & Fitness > Olympic Lifting

Bando's Oly Lifting

(1/6) > >>

Bando:
fat flexible little man

[youtube] http://youtu.be/f5entscKZlE [/youtube]

Marius:
You want a little feedback? I'm not very good at the Oly lifts myself, but I can see some stuff you can work on. Some of it's the same stuff I have to work on. :)

Bando:

--- Quote from: Marius on April 13, 2012, 10:35:52 AM ---You want a little feedback? I'm not very good at the Oly lifts myself, but I can see some stuff you can work on. Some of it's the same stuff I have to work on. :)

--- End quote ---

Absolutely, I can see plenty of things that need work. I did isolate portions of the lift for warmup before putting together that mess  ::)

Marius:
OK, first let me say, nice crotch.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I saw the component lifting in your log. That's a great way to get the pieces going in your brain.

You need to start your drop a little earlier. You're overpulling on the rack portion of the lift. The way it was explained to me is just as the bar is about midway between the thigh and the navel, you should start dropping to catch the bar in the rack position.

Rotate your elbows out at the start of the second pull and pull the bar toward you and not so much up. This will help with elbow whip and pullunder speed.

Pull harder with your hips and less with your arms. The arms should do little more than keep the bar in line with your body.

This is all stuff that I'm working on fixing, too. You're off to an awfully good start, though.

Marius:
Here. This is a video I shot last week of me practicing the second pull for the snatch. You can see I need to work on all the same stuff I told you about.

Snatch2ndPull20120404.MOV

I've been doing this shit for years, but every time I go a while without doing it, it seems to take forever for the components to come together again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version