Alternative Lifting & Fitness > Olympic Lifting

Oh hai

(1/3) > >>

Bando:
Welcome to teh Oly lifting section.

I've been interested in this for awhile. I'm meeting some Oly lifters this week to learn some stuff.

FLEX:

--- Quote from: Bando on April 03, 2012, 10:55:53 AM ---Welcome to teh Oly lifting section.

I've been interested in this for awhile. I'm meeting some Oly lifters this week to learn some stuff.

--- End quote ---

Well be sure to come back here and act like an expert on the subject and also feel free to hijack every other thread by turning it into an "I do Olympic Lifting" thread.

Thanx.

Bando:
dood, I've been watching some youtube vids on it, I'm almost ready to compete.

TMonkey:
i saw someone watching a vid so if you need to know anything i am your man

Bando:

--- Quote from: Marius on April 03, 2012, 04:24:51 PM ---When you write, "Clean Grip", do you mean the actual grip when you're cleaning or the hand position when the bar is racked? From the rack, the hands are open facing palm up, bar resting on fingertips, elbows pointed as high as you get them. When practicing front squats for cleans, it's best to use the rack position in your hands to condition your CNS to just do it naturally when you start putting all the pieces together.

Good work on those back squats earlier, by the way.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I was doing front squats with my palms facing up, like 2 fingers are on the bar. My elbows weren't terribly high as this is the 1st time I've ever used that grip. The person training me made all these moves look so easy  :o 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version