Author Topic: Be positive, Appreciate, Elevate.  (Read 182780 times)

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #870 on: March 03, 2017, 07:32:14 AM »
Nice work Merk! Ramping up the intensity!

That's because he's probably been sneaking in extra pop tarts  :P  ;)  ;D

Har har, you out of all people know I don't eat dem pop tards as of late...that and eating in a caloric deficit

:jester: :jester:
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #871 on: March 03, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »
Mmm.. S'mores Poptarts.  Mmmmmm....

Offline Merkley

• Weight: Thicck Boi
« Reply #872 on: March 05, 2017, 08:06:03 AM »
Happy Sunday

Yesterday's EPC meet went off without a hitch. I don't think you could have asked for a smoother meet. I was really impressed with the turnout and I'll be sure to continue to work with them in the future.

There was at a minimum of 6-8 of us that were working as spotters and loaders. Watching the videos, it was like watching a Nascar pulling in for fuel and a tire change, seriously. At the end the IPL/CPL judges, competitors, and even spectators came by to shake our hands and compliment us on a job well done. The president of EPC made sure to make it clear that he hopes to work with all in the future.

There were a lot of dem good feels throughout the day.

Especially seeing lots of national records get completely smashed!

Today I'm officially taking a day off to loaf and go to the gym at some point in the afternoon to finish up my deload week.

I hope you all have a great day and have had a wonderful weekend.

Cheers.
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #873 on: March 07, 2017, 07:28:35 PM »
Last nights bench session

Barx10
135x10
185x5
210x5
210x5
210x5
210x5
210x5
165x10
165x10
165x10
165x10
165x10

~Fin~

Tomorrow is squats
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #874 on: March 07, 2017, 08:51:01 PM »
Sounds like a fun meet. Monster bench volume...that's a shit ton of reps!
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Offline Merkley

« Reply #875 on: March 09, 2017, 05:57:37 PM »
Sounds like a fun meet. Monster bench volume...that's a shit ton of reps!

The meet was amazing! It allowed me to get involved in competitive powerlifting from a different perspective, one to which I enjoy. The sense of community was astounding :)

As far as bench, thanks! I'm finding the BBB motto seems to help a lot.
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #876 on: March 09, 2017, 06:14:21 PM »
Right knee has been acting up more than normal these past few days so I've had to move my workouts around to accommodate.

So last night's training went a little like this....

OHP

30x15
50x15
70x10
90x10
140x5
140x5
140x5
140x5
110x10
110x10
110x10
110x10

Hammer Curls

20'sx10
30'sx10x4

Tri Pushdown

110x10
130x10
150x10
150x10
150x10
150x10

I supersetted everything starting at the 110x10's of my OHP. I would run from OHP's to the d-bells for the hammers and then to the cable machine for the tri pushdown and then immediately back to the OHP. Kinda feel it's time to start doing some hypertrophy stuff from the smaller muscle groups since I have been neglecting them (more like I measured my arms and I've lost half 3/4 an inch! from 17.5 to 16.75...no sir I cannot have that now can I? So I've made the commitment of working on my pipe cleaners, see if I can hit 18!)

Tonight I'm going to chill with Mrs.M and get on to squats and deads for Friday and Saturday. Kinda stupid to have both back to back but meh.

Food has been on track!!!! So I went from 205 ate up to 235 (last summer) and then dieted to 215 and since hovered between 220-215. Well I managed to get to 210.4 as of this morning. I'm beginning to feel confident that I can get to sub 200's by the summer. I'd really like to see the 180's by mid to later summer. I think that's a long shot though, a real long shot.

But I can dream, right?....that or buy DNP  :satan:

Hope you all  have a great evening!

Cheers!

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline piperdown

• Veteran
  • Hey Guys! Wait for me!
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 189
« Reply #877 on: March 10, 2017, 12:42:33 PM »
Killer shoulder workout there Ronn! Nice job

And congrats on getting the weight down! Lord knows it ain't easy but you've got some good motivation from the weight you've already dropped  ;)
Eric

Pork belly body......

Bench 305 pr
OHP 165 pr
Squat 315 pr
Deadlift 385 pr

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #878 on: March 10, 2017, 03:51:02 PM »
Aweome pressing and arm work! Grats on the weight loss for far!
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Offline Merkley

« Reply #879 on: March 11, 2017, 02:17:42 PM »
Last nights squat session didn't happen, not even close.  >:(

Yesterday I had a friend of mines kid take a flying leap hug at me when I was crouched down. When I went to get up with him in my arms it felt as if my right knee tore something....I held face since I had the little gaffer,  but holy shit was that painful! I seem to be fine today, but it's left me feeling a little gun shy to squat.

I should go get this checked out.

Tonight I'm going to go do something in the gym, what I'm not sure exactly. It'll have something to do with deadlifts and legs I'm sure.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #880 on: March 14, 2017, 03:24:43 PM »
Training has been no bueno.

Sunday Mrs. M and I spent the day together and watched a fuck ton of Star Trek DS9 (We recently wrapped up Star Trek TNG so now getting caught up on DS9).

We needed a day off from adulting.

Last night I was in bed rather early since I was on nights for snow and then worked until 1pm. I recently got home and jumped in the tub, try and get the chill out. Tonight I'll be back at it doing snow so we'll see if I have the ambition to go to the gym and do anything before then.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #881 on: March 22, 2017, 06:37:49 PM »
Update

So since my last post I did another night of snow followed by a full day shift. This wasn't how the day was supposed to go BUT my assistant decided he didn't feel like coming in...so I got fucked. In any case, the following day I went down with the flu and was down for a few days. The remainder of that week (last week) I took off and was in recovery mode. This week started with the best of intentions...but I haven't done a damned thing...

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #882 on: March 25, 2017, 02:07:38 PM »
Afternoon and happy weekending!

Still no gym, I'll get there....eventually, lol. Speaking of which, I just found out about 10 min the gym that I recently signed up for is closing! BOO! I don't have any dates at this point, but it seems I'm going to be hunting for something new real quick! I have a couple places I'm looking into that are local. Both are hole in the wall performance centers, kinda like the one I was at previously. Let's just hope they don't have the same price tag, lol! (the last performance center I was going to was $100 a month plus taxes.).

I considered going back to World Gym but I cannot make it for the mornings like I would want (have to drop off Mrs.M and Pearl to work). The evenings...PFFFT! forget it! That place is a damned zoo!!!

While I was posting this I looked into the two places for training....nope. Neither provide a "gym membership" just straight up personal training.

Oh well! I'll figure something out I'm sure.

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers!
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #883 on: April 01, 2017, 03:04:09 PM »
Afternoon and happy weekending to one and all!

Nothing too new to report to be perfectly frank. I haven't been to the gym at all this week like I had planned, instead I stayed home and hung out with Mrs. M and ate like I had no idea about proper nutrition. Work has been a very uphill battle, the details I'll leave alone since it would make this post very long and drawn out.

That's everything in a nutshell.

Hope you're all doing well and keeping safe!

Cheers!
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Merkley

« Reply #884 on: April 09, 2017, 08:00:22 AM »
Happy Sunday!

So in a not so strange turn of events my gym has closed. There was no notice, no nothing. Had it not been for the insider information that I had received I would have been completely blindsided and REALLY pissed off, more so than I am right now.

Everything that is local is either a "personal training" facility, don't post prices and are being shady as fuck in giving prices...trying to draw you into the facility for a "tour" and further talks about membership....fuck that crap. I don't have time to piss around with shitty sales tactics. Just give me the damn prices! I considered returning to Radix but I am really not up for $100 a month and dealing with pompous crossfitters/olympic weightlifters.

Returning to World Gym has come to mind on more than one occasion...though I don't see it really working out due to timing.

In any case, have I trained at all?....nope.

– Arnold Schwarzenegger