Author Topic: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting  (Read 42310 times)

Offline Merkley

• Coffee is my personal Jesus
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: Depends on the shit I took this morning
Re: Merkley's guide to pretend lifting
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 12:47:23 PM »
There's no tootin' way I'll ever squat 335, so well done there!

Here's to the three day weekend - yay!  The owner of the gym says they are open from 8 to 2 on Monday and he said it'll be crazy busy.  He told Flex to come at 8 sharp if he intends to workout because otherwise it'll be like walking into a bar/club.

I may just stay in my jammies Monday.

Thanks for the props and the heads up on Monday  :biggrin: With some time I think you can hit it!!  :thumbsup:

I have a feeling the entire weekend is going to be a madhouse due to Monday....sorta not looking forward to going just because of that. However, the weights aren't going to lift themselves.

So what your saying is, your going to workout in your jammies on Monday?  :o 
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 12:48:14 PM »
I don't have much, have one on the outside of my arm just below the shoulder that didn't hurt, the one I just got on the inside of my bicep was tender, especially the closer he got to the arm pit, was tolerable but def. tender lol

AAAAANNNNnnnnnd where are your pictures?  :S
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 12:49:19 PM »
Looks like a good squat session to me.

Wasn't even a small jab.

"Hey you gonna put some fucking weight on there or what?  Lisa squats that much!"

LMAO

Glad I could shame you into going heavier.   ;D

Ok, I'll just go now.

LMFAO!!!!
 – Socrates

Offline deerslayer

• Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 228
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 01:11:30 PM »
Here it is
You may be a beast, But I'm a fucking animal!

You must show no mercy.....nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you..... for your greatness will silence them all-
"The Ultimate Warrior"

Proving people wrong is something I do on a daily basis-
"Mark Bell"

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
  • FEELING "LESS" FATCKED!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2015, 01:19:52 PM »
Here it is

Nice. Looks like smooth line work.

Here's some of mine.

Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline Merkley

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »
^^^^^ Nice!!! I guess I'm going to have to do the same thing, get some pictures of my arm, etc. on here. I'll try and get to that tonight.
 – Socrates

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2015, 02:09:28 PM »
^^^^^ Nice!!! I guess I'm going to have to do the same thing, get some pictures of my arm, etc. on here. I'll try and get to that tonight.

Step to it son.  ;D
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline deerslayer

• Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 228
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2015, 02:36:34 PM »
And I think once this one heals Im gonna go back and get the initials on my arm recolored, didn't realize the fade until the new one
You may be a beast, But I'm a fucking animal!

You must show no mercy.....nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you..... for your greatness will silence them all-
"The Ultimate Warrior"

Proving people wrong is something I do on a daily basis-
"Mark Bell"

Offline Merkley

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2015, 03:15:35 PM »
And I think once this one heals Im gonna go back and get the initials on my arm recolored, didn't realize the fade until the new one

OOOOOOoooohhh it happens fast too, I use SPF 50 on my tattoos and you can see the difference from where there is sun exposure vs constantly covered under a shirt.

Ahhhh well, totally worth it (IMO)
 – Socrates

Offline Merkley

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2015, 07:59:01 AM »
Happy V-day to all you dirty mothers!

Well to those of you that actually celebrate V-day, those of you who don't (like my wife and I) may I wish you a happy Saturday!

Why don't we celebrate V-day?

Because everyday is V-day for us! I don't need some dumbass one day outta the year holiday to profess my love for her!! I believe in doing that every goddamn day! So cupid and his overpriced flowers, chocolates, bullshit v-day special menus, and everything else can go FUCK OFF!!!  :deadhorse:

Training is off the table for today, my IBS is acting up BAD! I haven't had an attack like this in awhile. So I'm gonna stay close to the bathroom, drink my coffee (I know coffee is a double edged sword in this situation but.....I don't want cramping, shitting, AND have a caffeine headache on top of it), check out some DUP style programs geared for strength and.....clean the house  ::)

– Socrates

Online BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: a fat 190-sumfin
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2015, 09:50:59 AM »
I hate the holiday, but my wife comes from one of those kinds of family's the gets cards for every dang holiday.  I still get Halloween cards from her mom.

DUP is pretty cool.  I've been running it for a while in some form or another.  I just came off of one cycle doing the same three exercises every session and finally figured out that shooting for rep PRs every session is a bad idea.  I should have picked one rep range per week to attempt a PR and dial it back on the other days.  Monday begins my new cycle to prep for my meet and I'll be varying both the rep ranges and exercises throughout the week.  I found that to be less brutal and just as effective.

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2015, 11:58:56 AM »
We're not big on V-Day either, but Lisa did buy me a 5L mini-keg of Heineken anyway.

8)
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Join the Ranks!  http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/yearly-rankings

Online BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: a fat 190-sumfin
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2015, 12:18:30 PM »
We're not big on V-Day either, but Lisa did buy me a 5L mini-keg of Heineken anyway.

8)
I approve of any holiday that involves beer.   :thumbsup:

Offline Merkley

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2015, 12:59:15 PM »

8)

Nice!...she's a keeper!!! lol

8)
I approve of any holiday that involves beer.   :thumbsup:

Lol, cheers to that! *raises coffee mug*

– Socrates

Online sakustoms

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2015, 09:15:05 PM »

I just had the Koi and the water recolored and had more water added. I've already got an idea of what I'm adding to that piece next. Sometime in the next couple months.
Eric

DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275