Author Topic: Be positive, Appreciate, Elevate.  (Read 179799 times)

Offline Merkley

• Weight: Thicck Boi
Re: Be positive, Appreciate, Elevate.
« Reply #1560 on: July 28, 2021, 05:59:14 AM »
Happy Wednesday.

I've decided to start running again.

I've had the itch to get back into running and perhaps triathlon training again. I'm starting off slow and adding running. I'm looking at a 20-week running block focusing on improving my 5k time. My previous best was 28 min, beating my goal of a 30 min 5k by 2 min. Now I'm shooting for a 27 min 5k. I believe it's very doable.

Training is going well, nothing to write home about I suppose. Just simply plugging away at the fitness park doing pull-ups, push-ups, walking lunges, blah, blah, blah.

Meditation is going well. I've made it part of my morning routine followed by 10 mins of yoga. It's a nice way to kick off the morning in my opinion.

Just wrapped up reading a book called Atomic Habits, highly recommend it. Currently reading Stress less Accomplish more by Emily Fletcher. This is my second run-through, solid book.
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Offline Stile

• Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 168
« Reply #1561 on: July 28, 2021, 09:07:08 PM »
Nice to see ya back. Congrats on the move. Amazing place to live.

Offline Merkley

• Weight: Thicck Boi
« Reply #1562 on: July 29, 2021, 04:54:59 AM »
Nice to see ya back. Congrats on the move. Amazing place to live.

Thanks! So far I'm still in the adjusting phase of living here. As much as it is the same it is very different and lots of new things to learn. As with most things I will give it a year before giving a true opinion on it.
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #1563 on: July 29, 2021, 05:54:34 PM »
Just a slight change going on in life huh?
That’s amazing buddy, congrats!
What’s the YouTube biz you have going?
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \