Author Topic: Slowly building my own gym  (Read 8278 times)

Online BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: fluffy
Re: Slowly building my own gym
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2017, 08:22:26 PM »
Latest addition but it'll never be in the gym.  Played around a bit pulling and pushing it up and down the driveway with my 6 year old on it.

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2017, 06:59:06 PM »
I've been wanting a squat bar since I realized they existed and especially after squatting with one at RPS.  The price tag always held me back so I've been making due with the B&R bar for the last bunch of years.  Problem I have with it though, is its very passive knurling doesn't hold all that well unless I have chalk on my back or I happen to be wearing my bar-grip t-shirt but even that is hit and miss and it tears up my shoulders and elbows sometimes.  Elite FTS was running a sale on all Texas bars so I started getting that itch real bad.  Still, I couldn't justify spending so much for a bar I would only use for squatting. So then what if I just got something with a little more bite?  I read reviews for 2 straight days on power bars for Ohio, Texas, and Westside and then convinced the wife that I had to have one.  I decided on a raw steel Ohio bar since my B&R feels so good and is holding up well with not too much maintenance.  A lot of the reviews for the black zinc complained that it off and fades to an ugly greenish black.  It came in today.

B&R bar on the right, Ohio on the right

To make the wife feel she was getting something out of this deal, I bought her a couple kettlebells to play with 8)

Updated pictures of the gym that shouldn't be blocked since I no longer use photobucket

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • FEELING "LESS" FATCKED!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2017, 07:02:58 AM »
I was starting to worry that your gym was missing some very crucial equipment and then I scrolled down and there it was, the glorious ab roller. Phew!!!

:rofl:

Looks awesome Ron. You've got yourself a damn good powerlifting gym right there. You should charge admission.
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275

Offline tooth

• Weight: ???
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2017, 08:05:04 AM »
A+.  Looks like a great set up.
420/285/450 181 Masters I
515/335/550 198 Masters I

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2017, 08:26:30 AM »
Never been so jealous of anything in my whole life.  Fuck.

Well done.  :clap:
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Join the Ranks!  http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/yearly-rankings

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2017, 03:06:48 PM »
Thanks guys. I'd much rather have a good powerlifting gym nearby. Neversate was cool, but they lean towards the strongman stuff a lot and I didn't fully fit. I actually felt in the way as they were training for a comp the last few times I was there. I'll go back to have fun every once in a while though.

As far as admission, anyone willing to work hard is free. I'd love to have company.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 176
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2017, 05:48:27 PM »
Dayum! Jelly of all your bars!
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Online John

• Site Champion
  • Height: 73
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2017, 09:53:00 PM »
Wow very nice!!
1 set, 1 rep, 1 pound at a time

☻/
/▌ Dm2Dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
/ \

Online reduni

• Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2017, 07:23:53 PM »
I'm pretty happy with what I have in my gym but dayum that is a sweet setup. Always room for upgrades though.
the only easy day was yesterday

Online Andrew

• Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 217
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2017, 02:53:13 PM »
Nice set up! I bought the Rogue OPB too, bare steel. Mine has started to rust. I think the factory had some good oil or something on it that lasted several months but then one day the bar started to rust. Since then i've been oiling it a bit. Still a damn good bar
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \
Gains weight on diet

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2017, 08:16:03 PM »
Nice set up! I bought the Rogue OPB too, bare steel. Mine has started to rust. I think the factory had some good oil or something on it that lasted several months but then one day the bar started to rust. Since then i've been oiling it a bit. Still a damn good bar
I brush mine at the end of every training session if it gets chalk on it (the OPB doesn't need chalk, but my others do). I put a light coat of 3in1 on it about every 2 weeks.  My basement is humid enough to where i put a de-humidifier in it to take it from 70% to 35% but that was after a year living here and none of my bars are rusted.  All are bare steel but the Okie bar has a patina on it.

Online Andrew

« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2017, 05:47:51 PM »
I brush mine at the end of every training session if it gets chalk on it (the OPB doesn't need chalk, but my others do). I put a light coat of 3in1 on it about every 2 weeks.  My basement is humid enough to where i put a de-humidifier in it to take it from 70% to 35% but that was after a year living here and none of my bars are rusted.  All are bare steel but the Okie bar has a patina on it.

It was weird, mine got rust spots everywhere my hands had touched it. It was like finger prints of rust
☻/
/ \
Gains weight on diet

Online BLK00TJ

« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2017, 06:24:10 PM »

It was weird, mine got rust spots everywhere my hands had touched it. It was like finger prints of rust

What the heck is in your sweat glands!   :o

I found these laying in my driveway when I got home today. 

Online Andrew

« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2017, 01:05:28 AM »
I like your style. All top end stuff!
☻/
/ \
Gains weight on diet

Offline sakustoms

• Veteran
  • FEELING "LESS" FATCKED!!!!
  • Height: 5'-6"
  • Weight: 157
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2017, 07:09:28 AM »
More good stuff Ron. I am jelly not only of all the nice gym stuff but the fact that you have somewhere to put it all.
Eric

Squat - 255 :(
DL - 375
OHP - 130
Bench - 275