Author Topic: Shawn's Gonna Get on Dat Platform!!  (Read 67490 times)

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
Re: Shawn's Gonna Get on Dat Platform!!
« Reply #1710 on: May 01, 2018, 01:37:36 PM »
Ok guys, Iím going to shut down my journal for a while, here and the other site. I will still be training as always, plan right now is to diet and run the barbell medicine 7 week hypertrophy program. Itís nothing exciting and with dieting I wonít be hitting anything heavy.
Trying to spend less time online and more with the boys and wifey over the upcoming summer months. I will still be in here visiting everyoneís journals and will pick my journal back up in September as we begin the training for next years meet! Just a break from my personal journal. Odd IG post may happen lol.

Sorry to hear that we'll see of less you around here man but I understand.  Summer is time for fun and family.  Better to be outside than sitting in front of a computer. :)  Good luck with the hypertrophy training Shawn...I imagine you'll come back in here in September all swole up
Thanks Greg; I wonít disappear around here, I really enjoy watching sll my iron brothers in action! My meet prep was stupid for screen time, I would post on IG, post in my other journal, post in here, send all my videos from my iPad to my phone, phone to IG, journals and youtube. Then I was tracking my workout in RTS TRAC system lol.
Fín retarded I tells ya!
My training this summer is run this 3x a week hypertrophy program and diet down to otter status. Need a good break from heavy weights, need to heal my hip and will be working on some weakness that will help me on the platform next year.
Iíll be back in here journaling beginning of September, I will be eating hard again and begin the build for next years meet!!
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Online Anthony21

• My YouTube
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 180
« Reply #1711 on: May 01, 2018, 07:49:06 PM »
Time flies by man. I understand the need to spend more time with your family and respect that.

Have a good summer bro.

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1712 on: May 05, 2018, 08:04:50 AM »
Time flies by man. I understand the need to spend more time with your family and respect that.

Have a good summer bro.
Thanks buddy, Iíll be around to support all you guys for sure, just taking time away from logging my workouts this summer. Iíll be dieting into the 170ís as I do every summer and working on my weakness but itís all pretty boring anyway. Been kind of nice this week just to get my workouts done and walk away.
☻/
/ \

Online ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1713 on: June 11, 2018, 04:09:02 PM »
Guess Iíll dust this thing off for a quick update. Yes I have been training and training consistently, I took a few days off after the meet then jumped into the Barbell Medicine hypertrophy template. Itís a 7 week program and just finished week 6 today. One more week then gotta decide what Iím going to do the rest of the summer.
The program is 3x a week but I have been doing some bro work/pull-ups and hip rehab on off days. Squats have been all highbar and fronts.

I have been dieting aggressively as per my norm and am down to 176lbs. Looking pretty good but figure I need a few more lbs off to get as lean as I want to be. Strength has been ok, think last week is the first time I started feeling the calorie deficit in my lifts.

My hip flexor and hip joint itself has been a real bitch since the meet. I started a rehab schedule about 2 weeks ago and itís starting to improve but think itís going to be weeks invested to make this better. My primary goal is to get this fukker healthy again before I start serious powerlifting again in September.  I want a 500 squat next April and I am going to need to be healthy if I even have a chance at it!

Hope everyone is well, Iím still lurking around but enjoying the break from the interwebz time. Iíll be back to logging everything in September as I start pounding the food and working toward a bigger total!!
☻/
/ \

Online ptreyesgreg

• Keeping On Keeping On
    • My Training Blog
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #1714 on: June 11, 2018, 06:18:52 PM »
Guess Iíll dust this thing off for a quick update. Yes I have been training and training consistently, I took a few days off after the meet then jumped into the Barbell Medicine hypertrophy template. Itís a 7 week program and just finished week 6 today. One more week then gotta decide what Iím going to do the rest of the summer.
The program is 3x a week but I have been doing some bro work/pull-ups and hip rehab on off days. Squats have been all highbar and fronts.

I have been dieting aggressively as per my norm and am down to 176lbs. Looking pretty good but figure I need a few more lbs off to get as lean as I want to be. Strength has been ok, think last week is the first time I started feeling the calorie deficit in my lifts.

My hip flexor and hip joint itself has been a real bitch since the meet. I started a rehab schedule about 2 weeks ago and itís starting to improve but think itís going to be weeks invested to make this better. My primary goal is to get this fukker healthy again before I start serious powerlifting again in September.  I want a 500 squat next April and I am going to need to be healthy if I even have a chance at it!

Hope everyone is well, Iím still lurking around but enjoying the break from the interwebz time. Iíll be back to logging everything in September as I start pounding the food and working toward a bigger total!!

Glad to hear you've been hitting it strong and steady Shawn. :)  I'm sorry to hear about the hip flexor and hip joint issue.  I've dealt with my share of those too and know that those suck big time.  Good luck with your rehab...it'll be time well spent healing it up.

Keep killing it this summer and I'll look forward to see you coming back to powerlifting with a vengeance in September. :)
If you don't find the limit you don't have to answer that question...you have no limit.
- Brian Shaw

If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. -Wendler

My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/

Online Anthony21

• My YouTube
  • Weight: 180
« Reply #1715 on: June 11, 2018, 08:42:07 PM »

Glad to read you're still training and that the cut is treating you well.

Offline Andrew

• Weight: 217
« Reply #1716 on: June 14, 2018, 08:56:33 AM »
Always amazing how well you cut weight. You must be getting shredded
☻/
/ \
Team RTS

Take whats there in your training