Author Topic: Shawn's Gonna Get on Dat Platform!!  (Read 64908 times)

Online reduni

• Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205
Re: Shawn's Gonna Get on Dat Platform!!
« Reply #1695 on: April 22, 2018, 12:10:20 PM »
Great finish Shawn. Looks like you're ready for saturday. Squats looked good and bench looked tight and strong.
the only easy day was yesterday

RPS SS 2017 Squat 355 Bench 290 Deadlift 485

Offline ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 183
« Reply #1696 on: April 22, 2018, 11:59:01 PM »
Great looking workout yesterday Shawn. :) Way to end it on a high note.  It looks you're all set up to kill it at your meet!  I'm looking forward to seeing the results...and some new PRs.
Thanks Greg! The last session went decent for sure, I was a bit in my head about squats for some reason but managed to do well. Now just to see what the iron has in store for me next Saturday!
very strong meet prep Shawn. Go kill it!
Thanks Andy! Gonna give it my all.
Great finish Shawn. Looks like you're ready for saturday. Squats looked good and bench looked tight and strong.
Thanks buddy, hopefully ready anyway, no choice now lol.
☻/
/▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
/ \

Offline ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1697 on: April 23, 2018, 05:15:06 PM »
Morning weight: 194.8

Openers:

Squat: 400

Bench: 275

Deads: 500

4 hours sleep after nights but went ok. Deads were done from 135 to 500 in 12 min to get the boys off the bus, moved fast but had a hitching hiccup at lockout.
All and all felt good and confident with my openers!

https://instagram.com/p/Bh7RCSAnnT4/
☻/
/ \

Online ptreyesgreg

• Keeping On Keeping On
    • My Training Blog
  • Weight: 215
« Reply #1698 on: April 24, 2018, 09:00:26 AM »
Looking strong Shawn. :)  It looks like your programming has you set up for a great meet.  Go kill it man...
If you don't find the limit you don't have to answer that question...you have no limit.
- Brian Shaw

If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. -Wendler

My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/

Online Anthony21

• My YouTube
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 180
« Reply #1699 on: April 27, 2018, 11:14:47 AM »
You're ready buddy. Kill that shit tomorrow.

Online ptreyesgreg

• Keeping On Keeping On
    • My Training Blog
« Reply #1700 on: April 29, 2018, 09:46:38 AM »
Awesome job at your meet Shawn!  Those vids on IG looked strong man...looks like you killed it. :)
If you don't find the limit you don't have to answer that question...you have no limit.
- Brian Shaw

If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. -Wendler

Online Anthony21

• My YouTube
  • Weight: 180
« Reply #1701 on: April 29, 2018, 11:32:48 AM »
Way to kill it on the platform man. Congrats on a great meet.

Offline ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1702 on: April 29, 2018, 08:43:01 PM »
Ok quick meet update:

Weighed in at 194.6

Squats: 400/430/450
Bench: 275/290/295
Deads: 500/530/540 fail

8/9 with 1275 total, 65lb addition to last years total.
Was gunning for the state record in squats at 425. Took that my second attempt with 430 and it felt super light. Went to 450. It moved very well and had more in the tank. 40lb PR

Bench went well, 15lb meet PR with 295 and again had a bit more in the tank.

Deads were ok, my second at 530 went slow but was a 10lb meet PR. Put 540 on next but no go.

Great time, great meet, great friends!!

As always the perfect wrap up to the meet is watching Jim lift once we are all done, you inspire me IS chief!!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:40:35 AM by ShawnJ »
☻/
/ \

Offline Andrew

• Weight: 217
« Reply #1703 on: April 30, 2018, 12:15:11 AM »
Great day Shawn. You were really strong, those squats were flying up so damn fast! Bench was on point also and the 530 dead is strong AF. Mirin your total at 194 lbs BW
☻/
/ \
Team RTS

Take whats there in your training

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 177
« Reply #1704 on: April 30, 2018, 07:34:51 AM »
Mirin your total at 194 lbs BW

The guy is just a slab of lean muscle, but I agree on that 530, damn!
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1705 on: April 30, 2018, 09:43:19 AM »
Awesome job at your meet Shawn!  Those vids on IG looked strong man...looks like you killed it. :)
Thanks Greg! Went very well, felt much more prepared, less stressed out and the weight on the bar all felt good, other than 540 on deads haha.

Way to kill it on the platform man. Congrats on a great meet.
Thanks Anthony, I hit my goals for the most part. I am stronger than that on deads but learned last year that squats take their toll on my deads at the meet. My squat has so much forward lean that it takes a lot out of my PC for when deadlifts roll around. Still happy with the pulls though, 10lb PR on the platform is nothing to skoff at. Happy itís done now though, diet and bro time!

Great day Shawn. You were really strong, those squats were flying up so damn fast! Bench was on point also and the 530 dead is strong AF. Mirin your total at 194 lbs BW

Thanks buddy, squats really surprised me. My warmups were rushed, 155x3, 240x1, 330x1 and up to the platform for my 400 opener. That seriously felt like a plate. 430 flew up just like 400. 450 moved so damn fast it blew me away. I left lbs on the platform but just knowing that is pretty promising for a push to 500 next year!
Bench went great, I hate bench but it went awesome.
Deads I was fatigued and my squat form dictated that.
Great meet buddy!

Mirin your total at 194 lbs BW

The guy is just a slab of lean muscle, but I agree on that 530, damn!
Haha thanks buddy, gonna look like an emaciated teenager in 2 months
☻/
/ \

Online reduni

• Weight: 205
« Reply #1706 on: April 30, 2018, 12:53:42 PM »
Always a pleasure to hang out with you Shawn. You definitely killed it on the platform this year. Very well prepared and the hard work showed. Time for some R&R to rest those old bones. 500/315/600 next year dude 8)
the only easy day was yesterday

RPS SS 2017 Squat 355 Bench 290 Deadlift 485

Offline ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1707 on: April 30, 2018, 02:41:30 PM »
Always a pleasure to hang out with you Shawn. You definitely killed it on the platform this year. Very well prepared and the hard work showed. Time for some R&R to rest those old bones. 500/315/600 next year dude 8)
So good to hang with you again Rich! Had a great time. Awesome work on that squat PR! Yup diet started this morning and going to switch to some lighter hypertrophy training for the next 7 weeks. Boring stuff but a good mental and physical break.
☻/
/ \

Offline ShawnJ

• Me vs Genetics
« Reply #1708 on: April 30, 2018, 02:59:58 PM »
Ok guys, Iím going to shut down my journal for a while, here and the other site. I will still be training as always, plan right now is to diet and run the barbell medicine 7 week hypertrophy program. Itís nothing exciting and with dieting I wonít be hitting anything heavy.
Trying to spend less time online and more with the boys and wifey over the upcoming summer months. I will still be in here visiting everyoneís journals and will pick my journal back up in September as we begin the training for next years meet! Just a break from my personal journal. Odd IG post may happen lol.
☻/
/ \

Online ptreyesgreg

• Keeping On Keeping On
    • My Training Blog
« Reply #1709 on: May 01, 2018, 01:00:40 PM »
Ok guys, Iím going to shut down my journal for a while, here and the other site. I will still be training as always, plan right now is to diet and run the barbell medicine 7 week hypertrophy program. Itís nothing exciting and with dieting I wonít be hitting anything heavy.
Trying to spend less time online and more with the boys and wifey over the upcoming summer months. I will still be in here visiting everyoneís journals and will pick my journal back up in September as we begin the training for next years meet! Just a break from my personal journal. Odd IG post may happen lol.

Sorry to hear that we'll see of less you around here man but I understand.  Summer is time for fun and family.  Better to be outside than sitting in front of a computer. :)  Good luck with the hypertrophy training Shawn...I imagine you'll come back in here in September all swole up
- Brian Shaw