Nutrition > Nutrition

Renaissance Periodization Diet Template Thread

(1/3) > >>

Andrew:
I'm six weeks out from my next meet and i decided to make a push to optimize my diet for performance heading into the meet. This is one area where if i am really honest with myself, i haven't been very disciplined.

Today i signed up with renaissance periodization (RP), i purchased their diet template for mass-gain. They sent me a pdf file of a diet plan based on my weight and goals. It basically has me eating 6 meals a day and has information about the macros for each meal, and the timing for each meal. The template takes into account when you workout (morning, vs evening, etc), and adjusts the macros accordingly. I'll post in here on some updates on how it goes and answer questions if anyone has any. I chose RP because they have a lot of high level lifters using their plans, and they've been at it for awhile so i think they have it pretty dialed in.

Bando:
Cool. There's another one where they have 1 on 1 diet coaching but it's for bodybuilding, the results are pretty amazing, if you have a decent base you are almost assured of a 1st place finish in your division.

For PL'ing I'm not sold on nutrient timing, I just do what Alex tells me to do lol

FLEX:
Good luck with the program and keep us posted. 

I dunno how anyone can eat 6 times a day, though.

First of all who has the time and secondly that's like every 2 hours.  I would not be hungry again that soon. Even if I ate something smallish.

induced_drag:
No big secret in gaining weight or losing it.   Amount of meals a day is irrelevant.

No one can just give you a "meal plan" and it be anything close.  They can take a wild guess at your TDEE and that is about as accurate as throwing a dart at a board full of numbers.

My only advice to anyone that wants to maximize their performance and is willing to take on the dedication it takes to 'eat with purpose', is learn to do it for yourself.   Following another plan for you just assures one thing.....you wont learn anything.

Too many people in this industry profit off other people and act like they have the magic formulation all figured out.   There is no such thing.  Nutrition is so damn simple.   Only YOU can make it work for you and it will take some work.   

There is no trainer/nutritionist that can do what you can do for yourself.  (unless you wanted to pay someone for almost a full time job.)

It is not that hard, and it is the key to really finding that higher level of performance.   When I planned and tracked macros, there was no such thing as a good or bad workout.  They were always the same.   Never missed a rep...etc.   The stability and predictability of a controlled intake can be the foundation for the best gains of your life. (regardless of goals)

Andrew:

--- Quote from: Bando on October 06, 2018, 07:44:10 PM ---Cool. There's another one where they have 1 on 1 diet coaching but it's for bodybuilding, the results are pretty amazing, if you have a decent base you are almost assured of a 1st place finish in your division.

For PL'ing I'm not sold on nutrient timing, I just do what Alex tells me to do lol

--- End quote ---

Yeah, i saw the 1-1 coaching option and they help people achieve some good results. Anyways, this will be interesting to try out. I've never experimented with the nutrient timing. Doubt there is too much to it, but more than likely just being consistent and steady will help.

--- Quote from: FLEX on October 06, 2018, 08:19:09 PM ---Good luck with the program and keep us posted. 

I dunno how anyone can eat 6 times a day, though.

First of all who has the time and secondly that's like every 2 hours.  I would not be hungry again that soon. Even if I ate something smallish.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Jim, will do. After taking a closer look a few of the meals are pretty small. It does seem like a lot though. i agree 6 is a lot

--- Quote from: induced_drag on October 06, 2018, 08:40:53 PM ---
When I planned and tracked macros, there was no such thing as a good or bad workout.  They were always the same.   Never missed a rep...etc.   The stability and predictability of a controlled intake can be the foundation for the best gains of your life. (regardless of goals)

--- End quote ---

this is what i am after

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version