Nutrition > Nutrition

Egg thread GTFIH

(1/17) > >>

Cali:
How do you usually cook your eggs? What do you add to them?

For me, it's scrambled or hard boiled. I'll add meat to the scramble, and possibly sriracha, or salt and pepper. Eggs are so cool because you can use them in everything, they taste OK, they're dirt cheap, and you can take hard boiled eggs anywhere.

Get-n-fit:
sunny side up with cheese and black pepper

LisaSkinnoble:
Cottage Eggs

The cottage cheese gives them a creamy texture and more added protein.

3   eggs   
1/4 cup cottage cheese   
salt and pepper 
butter

1. Put eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper into blender.

2. Blend until smooth.

3. In a small fry pan, melt enough butter to coat bottom.

4. Pour eggs into fry pan.

5. Without stirring, gently push cooked portion to center and continue until all eggs are fully cooked but not dry.

6 Note: You can also just whisk all ingredients together, but cheese won't be fully integrated

LisaSkinnoble:
Also, devilled eggs are a fun way to eat your eggs.  Traditionally, you hard boil the eggs, slice them in halves, remove the yolk and mix it with a bit of mayo and salt & pepper and then spoon or pipe the smooth yolk mixture back into the white.  But you can add jalapenos, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, paprika or garlic or other spices, or minced veggies such as onions, celery and carrots, to add flavour.

BigDaddy:
I just make them scrambled with diced onions, green peppers, Canadian bacon, cooper sharp cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Mexican seasoning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version