Author Topic: RPS PowerPalooza in York  (Read 8851 times)

Offline birdiefu

• Too klutzy for Oly lifting
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 163
RPS PowerPalooza in York
« on: April 07, 2015, 11:55:38 PM »
So before I bogart 1morerep's intro thread even more with meet talk, figured it might be a good idea to start a thread to see who will be heading over to York on the 18/19th of April!

Me - will be coming up Friday AM and may have to jet out before the end on Sunday tho. My first RPS meet...but as I am catching a stupid cold (again!) today, hopefully I won't get worn down. Zicam to the rescue *fingers crossed*

Aiming for 365/155/335/855 (need 853 for elite @165), all of which are very realistic considering recent lifts, but I will try not to get all worked up if things don't go as planned.

Online Bando

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Poster
  • Strong Fat Guy
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 203
Re: RPS PowerPalooza in York
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 06:09:46 AM »
Elite.

Nice.
Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 50-55, Squat, Deadlift, Total

World Record Holder, Raw Pro Classic, 45-49, Squat, Deadlift, Total

State Record Holder, Raw Pro, 45-49 & 50-55 Squat, Bench, Dead, Total, 45-49 Amateur Squat, Bench, Dead & Total

DIEL?

Offline 43Diesel

• Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 191lbs
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 06:19:11 AM »
Best of luck to you birdie you can do it by the looks of those vids you posted
The only person you need to be better than
Is the person you were yesterday

I lift heavy things and put them back down

Dave

Online FLEX

• Administrator
  • Elite Poster
  • B. M. O. C.
  • Height: 5' 10.5"
  • Weight: 270+
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 07:17:33 AM »
I'm struggling to prepare for a meet in Toronto in June, so I'm out on this one.

Good luck though.
Powerlifting Meet Bests:

2018.04.28:  620 Squat, 345 Bench, 615 Dead   |  1580 Total
2017.04.29:  610 Squat, 325 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1535 Total
2016.04.22:  600 Squat, 330 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1530 Total
2015.08.09:  600 Squat, 320 Bench, 600 Dead   |  1520 Total

Offline AlexanderOmand

• Site Champion
  • Built Like Keg
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: Gaining....
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 08:25:27 AM »
I'm working Saturday, and Sunday, I'm headed to see my training partner compete in her last competition before she ships out to Greenland.
It's also a 6 1/2 hour drive one way for me. :(

I'm surprised that there's only 8 women competing.  Nice thing is, that you have someone in your class to compete against!

Wishing you all the best, and hope you crush it.
Do not fear The Iron, for it does not care.
The Iron is Resolute in Purpose, Steadfast in Intent, Unwavering in Desire, and Immovable in Stature.
Unless acted upon by a Superior Force.
Squat: 545; Bench: 350; Deadlift: 610; Total: 1490

Offline birdiefu

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 11:26:33 AM »
Thanks guys, should be fun regardless!

I'm working Saturday, and Sunday, I'm headed to see my training partner compete in her last competition before she ships out to Greenland.
It's also a 6 1/2 hour drive one way for me. :(

I'm surprised that there's only 8 women competing.  Nice thing is, that you have someone in your class to compete against!

Wishing you all the best, and hope you crush it.

Long drive! Well, 8 women is still a halfway decent amount, I once lifted as only one of two ladies (USPA) lol. Weigh-in there was fun, they shooed the guys out of their bathroom for us (not that I cared...)

You happen to know anything about the earlier Fri weigh-in? I emailed Gene a few days ago to verify I was registered (only have the paypal receipt) and to inquire about an AM weigh-in appointment but haven't heard back yet.

Good luck to your training partner!

Offline AlexanderOmand

• Site Champion
  • Built Like Keg
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 12:30:13 PM »
At the New England Revolution two weekends ago, there were over 50 women competing.  !!

I know that Gene and Ame have been busy as the last 4 of 5 weekends, they were doing Meets.  THey were home last weekend dealing getting the registrations posted for almost of of this years remaining Meets.  They've posted the roster for your Meet, and you're on there, so you are registered.

http://meets.revolutionpowerlifting.com/2015/04/18/2-day-17th-annual-powerpalooza/

It says Friday Morning weigh-ins are 11am to noon at the Hotel.  I'd suggest getting there a few minutes before hand, and keeping an eye out for Gene and Ame.  Follow them right to the scale.

You should be getting or already received an email from Gene regarding the Meet.  It may come out this weekend, but double check your spam box over the next few days.  It'll have an email address you can email your openers in to.  No worries, if the cold kicks in and you're feeling weaker you can adjust them down when you weigh-in and get your rack height.

Thanks! Sophia is doing a Crossfit Comp, as her ship date got changed and she'll be on a plane the weekend of the Powerlifting  Meet she was aiming for.
The Iron is Resolute in Purpose, Steadfast in Intent, Unwavering in Desire, and Immovable in Stature.

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 06:48:45 PM »
Best of luck at the meet, birdie.  From the training I've seen from you lately, I think you'll do very well.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing that weekend, but I may come up to spectate. 

Offline birdiefu

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 10:22:16 PM »
At the New England Revolution two weekends ago, there were over 50 women competing.  !!

I know that Gene and Ame have been busy as the last 4 of 5 weekends, they were doing Meets.  THey were home last weekend dealing getting the registrations posted for almost of of this years remaining Meets.  They've posted the roster for your Meet, and you're on there, so you are registered.

http://meets.revolutionpowerlifting.com/2015/04/18/2-day-17th-annual-powerpalooza/

It says Friday Morning weigh-ins are 11am to noon at the Hotel.  I'd suggest getting there a few minutes before hand, and keeping an eye out for Gene and Ame.  Follow them right to the scale.

You should be getting or already received an email from Gene regarding the Meet.  It may come out this weekend, but double check your spam box over the next few days.  It'll have an email address you can email your openers in to.  No worries, if the cold kicks in and you're feeling weaker you can adjust them down when you weigh-in and get your rack height.

Thanks! Sophia is doing a Crossfit Comp, as her ship date got changed and she'll be on a plane the weekend of the Powerlifting  Meet she was aiming for.

Thanks so much for the link! Kudos to all the hard work of everyone involved with coordinating (and moving stuff) all of the meets. Looks like the Fri AM weigh-in isn't by "appointment only" anymore so I will just mosey on over there early and scope things out. So I can stuff my face after jumping on the scale 8)

Best of luck at the meet, birdie.  From the training I've seen from you lately, I think you'll do very well.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing that weekend, but I may come up to spectate. 

Thank you! Always fun to meet internet peeps if you do show up. Was Cali going to be lifting at this meet too?

Offline AlexanderOmand

• Site Champion
  • Built Like Keg
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 10:35:48 PM »
Often times, the reason for the "By Appointment Only", is that lifters say their going to be there, and then never show.  So, you're there to weigh people in at 7am, and waste time when no one shows.  Force them to make an appointment, and they show. :)

When I ran the SMB last year, I had about 20 people say they would be there for early weigh-ins.  11 showed.  I'm all about the earliest possible weigh-in, gives me time to gorge myself and reload for the Meet.  Managed 14.5lbs in one day reloading. :)

Cali, I think was joking. He lives in California.

Offline birdiefu

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 10:51:02 PM »
Cali, I think was joking. He lives in California.

Haha, had a feeling it was something like that!

Yes, early as possible for me too! I have a pic I took from a Nov 2013 meet with the contrast of cranky dehydrated weigh-in woman to fat n happy ready for PRs the next day mode. Intake starts out well-structured after jumping on the scale, and I always end the night with massive delivery from Guadalajara where I devour like 8-10 or so quesadillas for all that salty cheesy goodness. Mmmm.....cheese....

But yeah I can see how it would suck to sit there twiddling your thumbs for people who were no-shows early in the morning.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:52:57 PM by birdiefu »

Offline 1morerep

• Height: 62''
  • Weight: 190
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 10:50:13 AM »
Good luck on meet. Just make sure to follow the commands. RPS use start commands for Squat and bench. Let me know if you need help unless your team is there. I plan to be there both days. See how goes...

Offline birdiefu

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »
Good luck on meet. Just make sure to follow the commands. RPS use start commands for Squat and bench. Let me know if you need help unless your team is there. I plan to be there both days. See how goes...

Thanks! My cold I think should not be too much of a problem, I think I avoided the "cough attack" stage.

Appreciate the reminder on start commands too. None of my guys will be there, so I would totally take you up on giving me a hand-off on bench and chalking my back, lol. Would be cool to meet and my cookie offer still stands

Offline BLK00TJ

• I'm all out of bubblegum
  • Weight: fluffy
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 09:31:26 PM »
I won't be able to make it up there this weekend, but I will be sending positive vibes up and looking for some updates.  My wife is going out of town on a business trip next week so I'll be spending the weekend with her.  I think if my wife does the same week next year I might do this meet instead of the Maryland meet.  I wish they were farther apart so I could do both.  Are State and WRs up for grabs at PowerPalooza?  Not all RPS meets are.  Looks like more competition up there though.

Offline birdiefu

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 09:30:37 PM »
I won't be able to make it up there this weekend, but I will be sending positive vibes up and looking for some updates.  My wife is going out of town on a business trip next week so I'll be spending the weekend with her.  I think if my wife does the same week next year I might do this meet instead of the Maryland meet.  I wish they were farther apart so I could do both.  Are State and WRs up for grabs at PowerPalooza?  Not all RPS meets are.  Looks like more competition up there though.

Enjoy your time with your wife! Yes, you can set state and world records with this meet, as well as qualify for the XPC @Arnold and the RPS Supreme Iron Warrior World Championships. As the XPC qualifying total is light years away from even elite, I can safely say that will not be in my sights anytime soon, lol.